Can't Uninstall Battle.net

I have this issue with Battle.net where I install it and it is connected to the internet until my internet crashes and after my internet is restored, Battle.net is not connected anymore (if there is a way to solve this (it’s probably my ISP), I would appreciate it but this isn’t the main problem of this Topic). I watched this video How To Uninstall Battle.Net - YouTube for help, but I had a few issues. At the beginning it says to uninstall your games but that’s only if you want nothing “Battle.net” on your computer. On one of the comments in the video it is said that I do not need to uninstall my games for Battle.net to be uninstalled. I would prefer to keep my games installed considering I have slow download speeds. Anyways, in the video, it tells you to go to the “Add or remove programs” setting and uninstall Battle.net and follow the process from there, so I did that and it said that it was uninstalling Battle.net. But, I didn’t check if it had uninstalled so proceeded as if it was uninstalled (even though I had started to uninstall it, saw that is was uninstalling in a window, then the window disappeared, thinking that it was uninstalled and that I was fine). The video then goes on to say that I need to right-click the Windows icon and click “Run” and then type “%appdata%” and delete the Battle.net folder. After that, I had to do the same process but this time type “%programdata%” and delete the Battle.net folder and Blizzard Entertainment folder. That’s all there is to the video. I then realized that something wasn’t right because when I went to the “Add or remove programs” setting again, I saw that Battle.net was still there. So I went to uninstall it again only it told me that Windows could not find ‘C:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Agent\Blizzard Uninstaller.exe’. Only problem is is that the Blizzard Uninstaller.exe was in the %programdata% Battle.net folder that I had deleted. At this point, I have no clue how to resolve this. I deleted the Battle.net folder on my local disk and still nothing. I had also went into the Recycle Bin and restored the most recent Battle.net and Blizzard Entertainment folders in %programdata%, but it still said that Windows could not find ‘C:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Agent\Blizzard Uninstaller.exe’.

I guess what I’m trying to ask is how do I restore the Battle.net and Blizzard Entertainment folders in my %programdata%?

Side note: when I turn my computer off then back on, my %appdata% Battle.net folder is still there even after I delete it. This also can periodically happen with the %programdata% Battle.net folder. I don’t know what this means.

I tried keeping this as straight forward as I could and told you everything that I have done to try to fix this. Perhaps I should have just came here immediately but now I know. If there is any resolution to this, I would greatly appreciate it as I am not the best with computer problems. If there is no resolution anyone can find, I would still appreciate it if you could tell me.

Thanks

Hey Fenix,

Since the back-end files/folders were deleted that would have broken the uninstall method. In this case it may just be best to do a fresh install of the Battle.net desktop app, so that it will properly create those folders again. Once it’s installed then you can try uninstalling it again through Add/Remove Programs.

Hello Jambrix, I am glad I got a response this quick.

Alright, how I am supposed to do a fresh install? Is there something else I have to delete? I’m confused as to how I am supposed to install something that it is already on my computer that I now can’t uninstall. I went to the Blizzard page where you install Battle.net and clicked “Download for Windows”, downloaded it, and clicked on the setup, but all it did was say “Downloading new files” and had this bar that didn’t move. There is also no other “Battle.net-Setup” in my download folder. Is there something else I have to try?

Edit: I have tried what Zenlaka has suggested but can’t reply to him because I already had before but then deleted that so now I can’t reply to this thread until someone else does. So I am now editing this post to hopefully contact him, but I know it will go to you Jambrix. Anyway, I tried CCleaner but that didn’t work. I am now in the Windows registry and don’t know where to go from here. More specifically I am in: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SOFTWARE>WOW6432Node>Blizzard Entertainment>Battle.net. Am I in the right place? If so, what do I need to do next? If not, where do I need to go?

I appreciate the help you and your team are providing me and hope this all works out in the end. Thanks.

1 Like

I am having the same exact problem unable to reinstall after deleting files/trying to uninstall battle.net.

Hey y’all,

You can try a fresh install by following these steps:

1. Uninstall the Blizzard app. If it’s not allowing you to uninstall, you can manually delete the folder (usually located in Program Files (x86)). If the Battlenet folder isn’t located on your computer and Windows still says the Blizzard app is installed, then this is a problem with the Windows registry. You can find steps on fixing that here.
  2. Next open the temp locations and delete any Battlenet and Blizzard folders you see in each location. Press Windows Key + R and type:
    • %LOCALAPPDATA%
    • %APPDATA%
    • %TEMP%
    • %PROGRAMDATA%
  3. Finally go ahead and reinstall the app from here. Make sure you run as Admin.

If it still doesn’t allow you to install, then there may be a deeper problem, such as with another program or security software.

2 Likes

I cannot uninstall my battle net although I tried all of the options. I cannot even install battlenet because it will get stuck at updating battle.net agent while installing. How can I fix this?

6 Likes