Can't play Warcraft 3

Hello, I own Warcraft 3 ROC and TFT since many years ago. I decided that I wanted to play again recently but when I download TFT client from Blizzard it downloads Reforged client. After I launch the game, I get an error and there is nothing I can do. In the forums they say that I have to redeem ROC cd keys to a battle Net account but when I try to, I get a message that the keys are already redeemed. That is not possible since no one else had ever access to these keys. Please help

This can occur if you redeemed your keys on another Battle.Net account… perhaps an old one with a different e-mail.

If you cannot resolve this or if you do not remember the credentials for the old Battle.Net account, you will need to contact Blizzard Support directly. Use the link provided under to submit a ticket – provide as much information as you have available… including a picture of the authentication code or the Order ID if you bought it from the Blizzard store. You may also have to provide some government issued identification to prove that you are the owner of that license.

You can create your ticket here: https://eu.battle.net/support/en/help/contact/788/ticket

Be aware that the waiting time for a response to a ticket is very long currently… 2 weeks or more.

I opened a ticket with Blizzard support, although they responded a lot faster than u suggested (3-6 hours every time), they didn’t help me at all really. They said that the code is redeemed in some account that they not letting me know its email or anything… I am not sure what is going on here since I have the case with the cd’s and the little books that are inside with the cd keys. I do not know what more proof they want from me…

I’m glad you got a response so quickly…

Do you remember where you bought those keys ?

If you bought them from an individual, it looks as if you were sold keys that had been already redeemed…

Keys can only be redeemed once and then are permanently attached to the account they were redeemed on.

No sir I bought the games from a shop with game stuff like 15 years ago… When you buy a product from a shop it is sealed… Also, they can see for sure that these cd keys are not used for years now because I have to log into battle net many years now, but they don’t care… I mean it’s not like someone else is using them, because that’s impossible… I am really surprised that they don’t help me retrieve my account or attach my cd keys to this account… Anyway, seems like the policy of this company is to punish people who lost their account which is sad…

Hi:

Players always assume the worst from Blizzard… :slight_smile:

A much more plausible explanation is that you have not convinced them that you are the owner of those keys.

One of the duties of a GM is to safeguard the account information – it can only be discussed with the owner. Ownership and possession are similar but not the same; the owner is the person who originally registered the game.

That does not matter in the least… players stop playing games for their own reason… and sometimes come back to it. I’ve stopped playing Diablo II: LoD for many years but I have picked it up again.

That’s probably because the information you have provided in your ticket does not match the owner information they have on file.

“Dumb” question : did you use your real name, real address and real birthdate when you created the Battle.Net account on which the game was redeemed. If you did, proving you are the owner should be easy. If you didn’t, (for example, if you use your nickname when you created the Battle.Net account), proving ownership could be challenging.

Do you remember what other e-mails you might have used when you redeemed the code ? One player on Europe French forums was (somewhat) surprised to find that his game keys were attached to an old college e-mail he was using back when he created the Battle.Net account and redeemed the keys. Luckily, for him… he used his real name and birthdate when he created the Battle.Net account.

Would there be other “old” games on that Battle.Net account ?

Anyway… we could talk about this all day but, in the end, you need to discuss this with Blizzard Game Masters. Somehow, you need to convince them that you are the owner of those keys… and that means providing information that you would have provided when you created the Battle.Net account on which those keys are registered to.

If the ticket is still opened… you should be able to reply to it and provide additional information. If it’s closed, you could open a new one and make reference to your current ticket number so that the GM will be able to see what info you have already provided.

Good luck with this.

P.S. : Just remembered that Blizzard did a post a few weeks back with the type of information you can use to prove ownership – the Blizzard post was done in response to another problem… but it might help you in figuring out what type of info you could provide:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.