Can't download Battle.net

I tried different days in different browsers and nothing works…
Keep showing up the “Failed - Network error”, im on a MAC.

27 Likes

Same here on windows… this is frustrating trying to get back to a game that wont even install a fing launcher lol

40 Likes

Same error here, Windows version, everything is up to date, still can’t download the bnet app…

8 Likes

Hey all,

If you’re getting “Failed - Network error” when trying to download the Battle.net-Setup.exe it’s possible there’s something interfering with the connection to our download server. Here’s what I would recommend trying:

1. Run a malware/adware scan to ensure nothing is infecting the system and affecting the download.
  2. Temporarily disable any firewall or anti-virus software, then try the download again.
  3. Check the proxy settings to make sure the connection is not being redirected.
  4. Test the download using a different web browser (Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, etc.)

If you’re still not able to complete the download, perhaps try using a different connection such as a mobile hotspot (using mobile data) to see if the download will complete. You could also try connecting through a VPN, which may get around any configuration issue or problems on the internet provider’s side that may cause this download error.

10 Likes

I had the same issue, it’s blizzard’s download page it’s being blocked from but the software will download it, almost like it’s a different location.

Not sure if this helps anyone. I still had access to a game launcher. If you run the games launcher, it will install battlenet, the launcher was about 4gb. My housemate tried downloading the game, same issue. All files tried from Downloads – Blizzard Entertainment were cancelling. The system was confirmed as virus/malware/adware free.

I hope the above helps track down the issue. Now back to PTR download

10 Likes

Solution found at thread:

Thanks to @Kaldraydis.
There is a working link for battle net client.

[Edited by Moderator]
This thread has been inactive for some time. Please be mindful of resurrecting older threads. A new or more recent thread can be created to continue the discussion. Locking this thread.

4 Likes