Can't delete my account - Main Thread

As much as I love the games you’ve produced over the years, I will not allow any company to hold my data when that company projects totalitarian principals on its customers and userbase. I should be able to use sms confirmation to delete the account and will not submit id as an alternative. This is a request to have my account manually deleted if I am unable to do so myself without submitting more data to this company.

The people are the ones with power to enact change. It starts from the bottom. It starts with protest. Anyone who says otherwise is lost to cynicism and apathy.

Liberate Hong Kong, revolution of our age

imgur dot com/a/rMdhevy

89 Likes

Stay strong and spread the word

Freedom for Hong Kong

30 Likes

I get to the “We Need To Double Check Your Identity” screen and click the e-mail code option, then when I copy and paste the code I get a “Denied” error and “Due to too many attempts, Email Code has been locked. Please try another method for verification.”

15 Likes

Same here. Seems they don’t want you to easily delete your account. I guess the chinese need a picture of my government issued ID so they can add me to the social credit system with -1000 points. Oh well…

19 Likes

As of today, the only option available in my region (USA) is the “upload a picture of your government-issued ID” option.

Needless to say this makes me concerned about identity theft. I don’t get an option to use my E-mail or an SMS message, or to answer my (previously configured) secret question. Looks like Blizzard is deliberately trying to make it hard to delete user accounts, which is garbage behavior.

17 Likes

Same, I want to permanently delete my account and boycott all future products because of their spineless kneeling to the worst government on Earth.

14 Likes

I’m trying to delete my account but once I get to the choice of either SMS, email, or security question, I keep getting an error saying “TOO MANY ATTEMPTS”, but this is the first time I have ever done something on my account that requires me to verify my identity. Hope this gets fixed soon

3 Likes

This is just horrible

4 Likes

I’m trying to delete my account but once I get to the choice of either SMS, email, or security question, I keep getting an error saying “TOO MANY ATTEMPTS”, but this is the first time I have ever done something on my account that requires me to verify my identity. Hope this gets fixed soon

3 Likes

In response to Blizzards abject display of moral bankruptcy and complete disregard for democratic and enlightened values of free speech, I no longer wish to support them, and will actually actively fight them as a company. The first step is deleting my account, but this seems impossible to do. Does anyone have any advice as to how I can unburden myself from this immoral and utterly disgusting company?

9 Likes

Hey all,

Forums agents are unable to delete accounts. Data removal requests can be submitted on our website. I do see that our website developers were investigating a number of reports yesterday of failed submission attempts. That issue has since been resolved.

Please let us know if you continue to experience errors submitting the requests via the web form.

1 Like

Is there an explanation of why some users report having the option to use E-mail, SMS, etc. verification while others are prompted to upload an image of a photo ID?

I don’t trust Blizzard with my PII, so I’d prefer any other method of identity confirmation other than an image of an ID, and this thread shows I’m not alone. What information is needed from the ID? I might be willing to provide a copy of a driver’s license with my photo and license ID removed if name and address are sufficient for verification.

Understand that Blizzard has very little credibility right now, and I for one am suspicious that the process of deleting an account is being made deliberately difficult to discourage users rather than to protect accounts from third-party, malicious deletions. You will need to provide some kind of explanation for the rationale behind your account policies eventually, why not now?

I’m happy to take this to some other point of contact in Blizzard if that would be helpful, but I don’t feel like we’re getting any kind of help from this forum.

6 Likes

I wish to delete my account. I refuse to give my ID online. It’s illegal to make data deletion impossible like that.
I WANT TO DELETE MY ACCOUNT. I WANT TO DELETE MY ACCOUNT.I WANT TO DELETE MY ACCOUNT.I WANT TO DELETE MY ACCOUNT.I WANT TO DELETE MY ACCOUNT.I WANT TO DELETE MY ACCOUNT.I WANT TO DELETE MY ACCOUNT.I WANT TO DELETE MY ACCOUNT.I WANT TO DELETE MY ACCOUNT.I WANT TO DELETE MY ACCOUNT.I WANT TO DELETE MY ACCOUNT.I WANT TO DELETE MY ACCOUNT.I WANT TO DELETE MY ACCOUNT.I WANT TO DELETE MY ACCOUNT.I WANT TO DELETE MY ACCOUNT.I WANT TO DELETE MY ACCOUNT.I WANT TO DELETE MY ACCOUNT.I WANT TO DELETE MY ACCOUNT.I WANT TO DELETE MY ACCOUNT.I WANT TO DELETE MY ACCOUNT.I WANT TO DELETE MY ACCOUNT.I WANT TO DELETE MY ACCOUNT.I WANT TO DELETE MY ACCOUNT.I WANT TO DELETE MY ACCOUNT.I WANT TO DELETE MY ACCOUNT.I WANT TO DELETE MY ACCOUNT.I WANT TO DELETE MY ACCOUNT.I WANT TO DELETE MY ACCOUNT.I WANT TO DELETE MY ACCOUNT.
How many time do i have to say it?

7 Likes

Send them a pick since they are basically you

2 Likes

Blizzard, you’ve hurt us. You’ve hurt us so freaking bad. I seriously have never been this disappointed by a game company. This isn’t just micro-transactions or poor customer service or what have you, this is something far worse.

Blizzard has made a bunch of games that really had an impact on my life. I couldn’t even begin to count the hours I’ve spent adventuring in WoW or fighting Diablo’s minions. Some of my happiest and proudest memories are bonding with friends in those games. Heck, playing World of Warcraft was one of the very first times I ever really felt like I belonged to a community that cared about me. I’d stick with this company through almost anything. Micro-transactions, terrible phone ports, transparent cash grabs that lead to bad final products…but this? Not a chance. It’s too much. Blizzard has lost this lifelong fan. Short of a massive about-face and a public apology, I’ll never buy another game from them. They will never, EVER see another dollar from me.

It’s heartbreaking, honestly. I hate them for making me do this. World of Warcraft, Diablo, and Overwatch are some of my favorite games of all time, but it’s all over now. I hate them so much for forcing this choice on me, but it’s a choice that has to be made. Screw you, Blizzard. Screw you for making me do this. A company that values money over basic human rights deserves to die, no matter how much it meant to me.

An edit after the official response they issued: Not good enough, Blizzard. Not even close to good enough.

11 Likes

Blizzard, you bunch of creeps. Delete my account and stop jerking me around. You didn’t need ID to create the thing and I’m sure as hell not sharing it with you now. Delete my account and get fooked.

9 Likes

For what it’s worth, I got this response from a support ticket:

“If you wish to proceed with the account deletion and not submit a Photo ID. The system may offer alternatives for verifying through email. If that option is not available. You can add a phone number or Authenticator onto the account. Then within a week the system should allow you to use one of these verification methods instead of submitting an ID.”

I’ve added a mobile phone number and will wait to see if SMS becomes an option within one week. If this works it really should be something Blizzard should put on the account deletion information page.

2 Likes

Why give them anything at this point? This info wasn’t necessary when creating the account, so there’s nothing for them to compare the data against. They’re literally just adding new, legit data to your profile.

9 Likes

Good Morning,

I submitted the only Gov’t photo ID I’m allowed to (driver’s license) as active duty military are not allowed to scan/send their CAC ID’s, and I was denied the request due to being “unable to verify my identity.” My ticket was closed by “Caeysae” as “resolved” with no option to reopen: US69029406

Already not comfortable with sending in my photo ID to your company, as this was never part of the user agreement for acquiring or terminating an account, I am now doubly concerned that my account was denied deletion after submitting proof of ID.

Even worse, there is no way to contact support on this issue, as any topic regarding deletion of account is directed straight to the check-box option and ID submission page with no room for description of the problem.

Please pass on these concerns to the proper department, as forum posting was the only option to get the information to you.

V/r
Kalei

8 Likes

Let me delete my account without sending my ID in.

Don’t link me to your non-apology.

4 Likes