Cant change country

Please make sure you have a ticket in - which means you have a ticket number. Wait times are crazy right now with WoW Classic Wrath launch, OW2, ban waves, account help, etc.

Hopefully they get to you soon.

I have my ticket open for 1 week already and i am losing my mind . . . I payed for ow1 beta key . . . Ow2 will be out any minute my battle pass has been already payed for and no response from Blizzard . . . Why bother with the paying costumers . . . I dont care how swamped they are . . .if you anticipated infulx on player base needing the support employ more people! I also contacted better business bureau and filed a complaint . . . Everybody that is experiencing this should do the same . . . Shame Blizzard Shame!!!

3 Likes

I had a response after 5 days. Unfortunately the GM for some reason tried to change my region to the wrong country I asked for??
Then said that my documents don’t show the current date so they won’t work.
Driving licenses don’t show the current date? Not sure where the inability to follow their own guidelines comes from. Any help would be appreciated, I literally just need to change my country and have uploaded my ID like requested.

2 Likes

(In context of OW2)

Thank you, it has been 5 days already but I will wait more days maybe before giving up.

It would be really helpful if the leadership communicates their plans of forcing this region locked SMS Protect strategy months in advance instead of a couple of weeks and bottlenecking their own support systems. I hope this mismanagement gets communicated to the top.

3 Likes

The ‘Country/Region Change service’ doesn’t even currently load, just times out.

As others have pointed out, I cannot fathom why this was pushed through in the last week or so, especially for players like me in the EU, where travel between countries for work is commonplace, and many phone providers work across borders.

Edit: If you’re also in the EU, don’t forget you have a 14 day right of return on digital goods, including the Watchpoint Pack.

7 Likes

This is just ridiculous. I paid for the game, I should have every right to change my country at least once every 6 months. I haven’t experienced this much inconvenience in a game. Knowing that blizzard now needs a phone number, you should at least allow your old players to change our countries so we can add the correct countries. I am willing to give up my passport ID just to get this solved but even the self-service isn’t helping.

2 Likes

Just been to the country change self-service with no luck, it just kept looping. Checked my active tickets and there were none so i submitted one and now there are 6 of them

1 Like

Please keep in mind that MVPs are other players, not Blizzard staff. MVPs don’t speak for, or represent, Blizzard. I don’t make policies or anything. I have as much power as you do.

If you can’t change your country via the self service then you need to put in a ticket with the requested information.

The entire system is swamped. CS is a week deep in tickets from Wrath WoW release, patches, ban waves, OW2 release, account change requests, etc.

The OW2 and Wrath servers have huge queues to get in.

The WoW forums just kicked me out and I can’t even log back in.

The whole thing is overwhelmed right now. As long as you got one ticket in, that is good. If you need to add info, edit that same ticket.

1 Like

The problem is the “self-service” says to press continue and when you press the button it only refreshes the site. After checking my tickets I realized that it doesnt just refresh the site, it actually opens a ticket so instead of letting us change the country by ourselves we are seemingly stuck in a loop which is only causing users like myself to open multiple tickets for no reason.

4 Likes

Self service is designed to work only if you already have other means of authenticating the account on hand. If you don’t, then a ticket is required.

Nah mate the page is broken atmo.

" Battle.net Account country/region change

If your Battle.net Account is associated with the wrong country/region, use our Country/Region Change service."

After hitting ‘Continue’ the page just loads and hangs for a while, then refreshes without opening anything new.

As an added bonus wad of snot, it also automatically opens a completely empty ticket. Just a hot mess right now.

6 Likes

We can certainly agree on that.

2 Likes

The country change service page is broken and doesn’t work at all. Imagine pretentiously trying to creating a “safe space” for players and not have any actually working system to make it work. hope you rot blizzard.

5 Likes

i live in the us but i my account is in russia and now i cant play ow2 bc i cant change where i live this makes no sense on there part to make it so complicated

so how many days (sorry weeks or years) i need to wait to play ow 2 ?
i need to switch my country then change phone number, so if everything goes well 1 year i guess . maybe 1 year is a bit to little , 2 years???

3 Likes

Same thing, bought the OW 1 in US after moved from another country. The phone number was still the old one. Now i want to change my phone number but i can’t because i don’t have it anymore. Authentificator is also not an option ( no phone number ). Wanted to change a country as well, their “region change system” doesn’t work at all; it just creating a ticket and then deleting it after an hour without resolving an issue. Thx Blizzard…

5 Likes

yea the self service option is not working the page keep on refreshing after getting stuck on waiting to connect to server “waiting for battle.net” at the bottom left of the browser

I kept selecting the link to continue, thought it was doing nothing. Now I noticed I have 7 open tickets… Really smooth…

1 Like

Its actually worse… Every time you hit “Continue” it auto generates a support ticket… That guess what, in a few hours it auto deletes - such a joke.

1 Like

I had one of them opened and the status is still currently processing, but somehow you just can’t see them because they’re not showing up anymore