Cannot update WoW TBC - don't have administrator rights

So, reinstall the entire MacOS is what I did, and it solves the problem.
Command + R to delete the current OS and install an entire new Mac system.

However, classic TBC works well, classic era is “not responding” status.

да точно такая же проблема с Battle.net
доступно обновление, но не может загрузить т.к нет прав администратора
хотя диабло загружается

I have the same problem with Heroes of the Storm. Not been able to install it for 5 days but just tried the tip : click agent 7531 and quickly launch bnet client and install. It is now installing and hope that it will finish and let me play.

This is on windows 10 though.

да есть и в Windows 10

same issue here, mac user, i was using high sierra then updated to big sur - same error - plz get this fixed soon

Thank you Buddy! I followed your recommendations and voila! It’s working!

Still no solution. I have an active subscription. I recommend everyone who has this problem to demand compensation for this.

this post is 3 days old. what is happening? It is service day, not fixing this?

Found a solution for me :
sudo chmod -R 775 /Applications/World\ of\ Warcraft/Data
relaunch Bnet and a maj is done then close, redo the chmod and relaunch Bnet for the next update and redo until all the waiting updates done.
Good luck all

On Mac

1. Go to /Users/Shared/Battle.net/Agent
  2. Rename Agent.7589 to Agent.7589.ori
  3. Duplicate Agent.7531 and rename it Agent.7589
  4. Start Battle.net
    It works for me
1 Like

This has gotten worse. my work around before was just to start the ‘World of Warcraft Classic’ launcher bypassing Battle.net. NOW Battle.net intercepts the ‘World of Warcraft Classic’ launcher which means I CANNOT Play the game!!

1 Like

Thanks for those suggestions, but they don’t help windows users like myslef.

Im having the same issues on windows 10, cant update wow nor tbc, its almost 1 week, tried everything on this thread, minus the full reinstall of wow or my windows, which im not doing, if i have to do it, ill just stop playing wow and wont reinstall it…

Same thing happening to me. However, Im on a Mac. Everything updated, tossed out my addons folder, ran fix tool, did all the things, no change. Much frustration.

no more Agent.7531 today !!! cannot login AGAIN !!!
only two folders Agent.7581&Agent.7589
where can i download the early version of update agent ?

/cry

I haven’t been able to login since last week.
Still locked out.
And that little red diamond that said that they knew there was an issue has gone away. So now what? Really stunning that they can’t fix this. When do we start turning off our accounts until such time as they fix this?

its still scanning and reapr and keps doing that and not updateing the game what do i do

Still cannot log in to Classic; agent asks for administrator, provided, still nothing launches. Just a button that says ‘updating.’ Been 4 days now?

Cannot launch from classic application either. At this point, classic WoW does not work.

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)
Big Sur 11.5.2

Experienced this issue after logging out and trying to get back in less than 10m later. Cleared cache, reinstalled bnet, restarted my machine multiple times etc. None of it helped.

This prevented me from healing our raids tonight and I hope it gets fixed. Thanks :slight_smile:

this solved my issue, make sure you have a copy of your keybinds saved though.