Cannot connect Xbox account to Battle.net

Hello, I recently submitted a ticket to customer support about this and they gave me the runaround and told me to post in the forums. Blizzard support at its finest, can’t resolve the issue so just ask the void. This is the forum link that a GM sent me to to post in. I’m not even sure if its actually the right place to post.

Anyway, if anyone has any insight on my issue that would be fantastic. My issue doesn’t seem to be a new one, I’ve seen multiple forum posts about it across the internet but they do not feature a resolution.

After purchasing a month of Xbox Game Pass I attempted to install Diablo IV, I was then told I need to login to my battle.net account. Then nothing happened. So after doing my own investigation I saw that I needed to connect my xbox account to battle.net. I went through the process of doing so but upon clicking the “confirm connection” link on the connections page in account settings I am redirected to a page with an error stating “Prerequisite data was missing from session.”. This goes on an infinite loop and I cannot connect my account. Sometimes when the Xbox app opens the Battle.net app on my PC I also get an error message saying that they could not connect the accounts. Oddly enough though when I have both the Xbox app and Battle.net app closed and I open the Xbox app, it opens the battle.net app as well as if they are connected because I read when the xbox app opens, the battle.net app will open as well if they are connected. In addition to this on the microsoft side of things I can see the account is linked and was linked at the time I started this process. It just wont confirm the link on the BATTLE.NET side of things. This is absolutely maddening, I’m not sure what’s going on and no one in customer support had any answers.

Troubleshooting I have done so far:

-Confirmed connection on Microsoft/Xbox Side
-Multiple browsers attempted such as Chrome, Edge, and Safari on mobile.
-Restarting my computer
-Checking for updates on Battle.net, Xbox, and Windows
-Unlinking the account from the Xbox side of things then re-attempting through Battle.net (the error was being given to me BEFORE attempting the unlink from the xbox side)
-Checked for any parental controls or privacy settings abnormalities that could be blocking something, nothing of issue here
-Clearing cache data such as cookies, browser history, logins etc through my browser, did not work
-And simply re-attempting the “confirm connection” process over and over again.

Any help would be appreciated. I feel like this is some error on the backside of my account on the Blizzard/Battle.net side that needs to be gone in and fixed through someone at Blizzard who access to view these things. Maybe a bug happened somewhere in the process and I need someone to completely restart the process? I’m not sure. But if this method needs to be done I don’t see how asking the forums would help, I would need customer support from Blizzard, which I contacted and they told me to go here. What a thrilling adventure.

19 Likes

I have the same exact problem

8 Likes

Same issue here, I found I had to click continue more than any of the youtube videos had shown. I am also experiencing the same issue want to play some games with friends but the is happening instead. Is one of the error you get “Prerequisite data was missing from session”? I can’t figure out what is missing or what is required to fill in somewhere. remember everyone give any errors you have the are not specified as well for more information. Unfortunately this fix is as simple as the fix for steam and overwatch 2.

5 Likes

I am having the same issue here. I just don’t know what to do, I have tried everything and nothing is working at all.

7 Likes

Literally having the same issue, also opened support ticket and even shared screenshots of every step; still not resolved.

Getting “Prerequisite data was missing from session.” after clicking on continue twice

6 Likes

Same problem as you and every other commenter thus far. It’s exceedingly frustrating, and I’ve exhausted just about all avenues at this point

3 Likes

Same problem here, was playing on my pc then I wanted to continue on by downloading on my Asus Rog Ally. After dowloading the Battle.net app I wanted to download but it wasn’t letting me.I checked if my account has a problem with connections and all of a sudden my xbox connection just vanished. When I tried to reconnect I had the same error over and over again. I hope they fix it soon

3 Likes

Literally having the same issue, also opened support ticket and even shared screenshots of every step; still not resolved.

Getting “Prerequisite data was missing from session.”

3 Likes

Also experiencing this exact same issue. It’s also because I bought a month of gamepass to play Diablo 4. I’ve taken the exact same steps as the OP and still I get the same error trying to connect my xbox account to my battlenet. I’m wondering if there is a server issue going on right now because I was able to connect a different xbox account to a different battlenet account just yesterday.

4 Likes

I have the same issue, except it has reset my entire Call of Duty/Warzone account. Multiple tickets created only for them to be closed and the automated response to say there is nothing wrong with my account. Now when I try to log in it says i need an activision account, but i have never had that prompt.

4 Likes

I bought gamepass only for diablo iv. and now it turns out that I can’t play it because of this problem. I feel cheated

4 Likes

Same issue here, been talking to support on both sides for the whole day and they still cant give me an accurate answer and solve, also bought the game pass for diablo and literally can’t even play it

5 Likes

Yes that is one of the errors I receive. A GM contacted me and said that there are more among us who are experiencing the issue. They are submitting data to people to look into the issue. So it seems to have been acknowledged as an issue on their end.

4 Likes

Having the same issue here, but looks like I should expect blizzard to just deny it and reject my ticket.

2 Likes

this is disgusting, this should be solved asap. Can’t even play the game I bought gamepass for, Diablo. I was already linked and it automatically unlinked my account, now I cannot connect it at all.

6 Likes

is the problem solved
Do I need to do something?

4 Likes

The same error here!!! i bougth game pass to play Diablo 4 and i have the same issue. I feel like i have been cheated…

4 Likes

Same prob here, i dont know what to do. IS SO FRUSTRATING

5 Likes

Same problem here, any ETA blizzard ???

6 Likes

Please let me know when the problem is fixed, we cannot play the game we want to play with our friends…

5 Likes