Can not download battle.net windows app

When I try to download Battle.net-Setup App for windows 10 it says network error.

2 Likes

Hey there MahadiAntor,

Could you try this link? Let me know how it goes!

15 Likes

This worked thank you…

Do you have to delete the 32 bit app before you install the one for 64 bit?

I love you for posting this… mine wouldnt work either till i tried this!!

The Battle.net desktop app installer may be 32-bit, but you shouldn’t need to uninstall it as it will install the correct version of the app.

The link that Kaldraydis provided is to an old version of the Battle.net app (from 2015) however once you run it it will automatically connect and update itself to the latest Battle.net app version (currently 1.20.2.11907).

Generally if you get download errors when trying to download the Battle.net-Setup.exe from our current links it means there’s a connection issue going on or something blocking the download between you and our distribution servers. The link above is hosted in a different location, so it may act as a workaround.

I have tried this and the link with the internal error code and I still cannot connect. I have restarted my laptop twice… short of uninstalling and reinstalling the entire game is there anything I can do?

God bless you Kaldraydis it worked in one shot :smile:

After scratching my head and beating my desktop for several days to download battle.net app and COD Warzone, I clicked on the link provided by you once and it started the download right away. GOD BLESS YOU SIR.

1 Like

Im in your same boat right now… cant get either one, battle.net nor Warzone… dam man… Man I hope Activision lets it go on for lil longer than they anticipated because of this stuff happening with the Battle.net downloads!

thank you :slight_smile:

it says updating blizzard agent and the progress bar gets almost to the end then goes backwards and just keeps repeating that.

This is an old thread, so I’m going to lock it. If you’re having the failed network error, please check this thread and post there if it doesn’t help. If you’re having another error, post your own thread or contact support.