Call of Duty Modern Warfare - Unexpectedly Large Patch (March 27, 2020)

My advice is not to mess around with idx files and fixing, you will just waste a lot of time and do nothing…just start download from scratch and deal with it…i wasted a lot of time trying to fix it, but at the end i got errors trying to start the game…now i am downloading it from scratch, previously deleting all files and folders connected to warzone…83gb to download will take me 12h…i wont be able to complete battle pass because of this stupid errors developers made…i lost a lot of days trying to fix all of the bugs they made…i have never seen a game that has this many bugs regarding downloading updates…in the end i wasted only my money on battle pass, and a lot of my nerves…thank you Activision…

1 Like

How about we don’t accept the fact that because of them we couldn’t complete the Battle pass? I want compensation for it, I don’t have anything to do with the bug they introduced. I would have been able to complete mine easily if it wasn’t for this game breaking problem. At this point I want compensation, I’m still unsure if I’m going to be able to even launch the game before the new season starts and I’m not going to let this one slide.

You are perfectly right. We are not the game developers and knowing really what is exactly causing this epic update size bug is outside our understanding at this point. Moreover, Activision is not transparent over the matter.

I wanted to keep a glimmer of hope for those who do not have time or the resource to download the 170+gb update but at this point, nothing can really be done from our side unless we start reverse-engineering and fixing things ourselves which I highly oppose.

I hope such types of bug do not happen again. :angry:

Just downloaded the 170gb update 1 hour ago and now I have to download another update.

Gosh, this is such a mess!

As I had originally downloaded the game on my laptop in family where there is optical fiber, I returned the files in this state on my computer using a portable SSD. I had less than 30 GB to download as an update and everything works properly without error now.

So it looks like the launcher’s “Update” apparently corrupted the game. This would explain why the launcher then thought the game was invalid and the fix was to reinstall the whole thing.

Blizzard are you out of your mind? I’ve just opened the launcher to play a game and then I saw the 171Gb patch. I can’t f#####g believe my eyes. What is wrong with you? I paid money for this s##t, for god’s sake!

1 Like

yep the launcher is the thing screwing everything up! the game itself seems stable. They aren’t interesting in a fix. Downloading the whole game again is the easy answer for them and ultimately they know people will just do that so they can get on and then probably stop talking about it lol

1 Like

Interesting enough, I discovered that if you “backup” your COD:MW installation while the launcher is opened. The launcher will think the game is corrupted for some reason and trigger a scan and repair automatically (this can last up to 30-45 mins).

Indeed, as @Frank said, I don’t think there’s an actual fix coming. They’ll expect people to find a way to download the whole thing again which is a shame.

Yeah that’s what I mean the launcher is the culprit! Whilst we all struggle the xbox and ps players have no issues at all lol

I downloaded Warzone 6 times since it was released…first time it was 6328 error, second time it was battle net server crashing, 3rd time it was 1st update fail, 4th time it was 2nd update fail, 5th is this last update fail, and 6th was again 6328 error…next will be on 08.04. when they release new update…every download lasted for 12h so i wasted a lot of time…i know that i will never ever buy a battle pass in this game for sure…

1 Like

im personally just waiting for the next season to start which is 4 days away i think? hopefully i will just download that for once and for all :smiley:

Meanwhile I’m still waiting for the download to finish with no actual guarantees that it won’t give me an error when I boot it up and need to redownload it entirely AGAIN. With the amount of emails and posts I’ve done this past week they clearly don’t give a sh_t, I’ve lost money with this Battlepass and I won’t buy the next one, this game is finished for me unless I get compensated for all the time and money I lost because of this sh_t. I lost my calm 8 days without a single response from support is unacceptable and I won’t stop trying until I get an answer and compensation, even Ubisoft isn’t as much of an assh_le when it comes to support.

I asked for a refund as this is unacceptable.
I’ve downloaded the full game 3 times within a few weeks.

They have declined my refund and refused any compensation for the days and days I just stare at this game downloading… AGAIN.

This will be my last Blizzard purchase.

Downloading the IDX’s files worked for me. This is the only game I can play with my brother who’s in isolation for the next 3 months so thank you so much!

1 Like

dev error 6164 now…

2 Likes

Hey, i replaced those files and it went from 83gb update to 9gb! Huge thanks my man!

i will report back if the game works, i hope it does because it’s gonna take me a whole week to redownload it

Cheers mate

It seems your message with a link to IDX was deleted. But replacing your files helped reduce the download from 170GB to 30GB. Thank you dude, I hope the game now works!

nope… dev error 6164 now… game crashes

I have just finished downloading the whole thing from scratch and now the game seems to be working smoothly, I got no dev error whatsoever and I was able to play online as well. I hope it stays that way but seeing how trash this client is I wouldn’t be so sure.
I am sorry guys, I really do hope this absolute joke of a company comes out with a proper fix for this issue since not everyone has the ability to easily download this size of a file (especially when they are making the multiplayer accessible to everyone for free).
Season 3 is coming in a few days and I am really curious to see how this launcher behaves since they will probably be hitting us with another huge patch (I will neber understand the size of these so called updates).
Needless to say this will be the last activision blizzard product I will ever buy

1 Like