Call of Duty Modern Warfare - Unexpectedly Large Patch (March 27, 2020)

So like many others I’m met with a 171 (entire game) download upon launching the BattleNet launcher.

This is unacceptable!

If you dont fix this, I will be asking for a refund.

2 Likes

and we will get in our face BUY BATTLE PASS message!!! XDDD NEVER!!!
The SKINS is most important !!!

1 Like

Please fix this… I just bought a battlepass, will this be refunded??

Hello! I think I found someting:

1. Switch “Americas” server.
  2. Go Settings> Game Install Update and replace 0 with 99999 from “Latest Updates” and “Future path data”.
    Worked for me . I’m downloading with 45-50 mbs.

How to i get the freaking log files to send them u guys know??

Same issue for mw too. Downloaded 171GB over the weekend, the download would fail every few GB so had to keep clicking upgrade. In total took the best part of 4 days. Finally managed to get online Monday night and again Tuesday night. Just tried to play tonight and boom 171GB to down load. Just finished a scan and repair and it has dropped to 148GB.

This is ridiculous, I now have to constantly wait and restart the update every time it crashes. I’m in the same situation as most of you guys I have 10 tiers left to complete the battle pass I purchased and I will be lucky if I can download the update before the pass expires!!

4 Likes

I just done a repair on the files and it has brought the download from 171GB to 148GB

!!! Exactly the same issue. It’s so stupid. who releases a patch update that corrupts the game and makes you reinstall repeatedly

its not working i switch americas server and put 99999 in the two slots

how do u repair the files? i cant get there… neither to the log files…

Its in the options at the top of the screen from where you are updating.

1 Like

then if u know that this problem is hapenig why are puting patches in the game befour u soulve the problem thats what i cant understand

This is a f**** joke, wtf activision??? How are you supposed to get to battle pass level 100 now? Yea right you want us to pay for the f***** “tier level boost”.
I will request a refund.

3 Likes

Try to exit Battlenet client and open as administrator. May help…or restart pc too…

1 Like

Im with you i will not be able to get it now so the better refund this crap…

tried both, it’s not working…

seems like 1st April fools but is not…

1 Like

have the same exact issue, keeps wanting to reinstall 149 gb

Yesterday I download 177 GB now see next 177 GB patch WHAT iS THiS ???

Hey again all,

The Battle.net Developers just released a patch for Battle.net which should prevent this from happening again. Here’s what you need to do at this point:

1. Allow Battle.net to update itself. If it doesn’t update when you log in today (April 1, 2020) then restart your PC. The build of Agent should be 2.19.4.7010 or later. You can view your Blizzard Agent version by clicking the Blizzard button in the top right of the app, then going to Settings, then going to About.
  2. Finish any current Call of Duty downloads occurring. Unfortunately there is no way for you to recover the old data, so you will need to finish any downloads or reinstall the game.

Thanks again to everybody for letting us know about this, sending in logs, and hanging tight while we got this fixed. Note that these are the Blizzard forums, not the Activision forums. Any questions about in game content like Battle Passes need to be sent to Activision.

2 Likes