Call of Duty Modern Warfare - Unexpectedly Large Patch (March 27, 2020)

So i just download it 171 gb 2 days ago for the 3rt time and it took me 24 hours to download the game at 1mb/s download, and today i just come to play a bit and i get another freaking 171 GB AGAIN to download because of the Freaking remake that i dont even need! i want some one to contact me and tell me what the freaking hell is happening and i want a refound because i bought the whole game + some bundles and no one gives a damn about us! so contact me and explain me how the freaking hell are u guys going to compensate because i will be unable to complete the season pass, that i already invested money because of your uselessness!

Ok I am in the same boat as everyone else, but this is absolutely absurd… how can a company get this so wrong… I did the download speed bypass thing about 20 times to get the full 171gig downloaded on sunday and played until today, everything is fine… Now another 171gig download… With the massive strain on internet service providers currently due tht enumber of people working from home, now is not the time to be cocking around with 2x171gig downloads… Do your testing, this is completely unacceptable… I am not re-downloading again because a) I dont have the time to watch it everytime it fails and b) we have received zero word when this game breaking bug will be fixed. I love this COD and one of the best ones yet but school boy errors on packaging and platform issues are making Activision or blizzard looks like amateurs.

Sort it out… You should know what you are doing!

5 Likes

I could play it after the new dowload

Happening to me, this is pretty embarrassing. Never seen this happen with any other game. 2nd time this has happened to me.

:exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head:

Wake up EU servers!!

Happened to me to, as it was today of all days I expected it to be an April fools joke and I kept thinking when is it going to end and tell me I can play it, I’ll give it a minute. Wtf have you done, I am now having to reinstall the whole game over the whole game that I already have installed. I don’t understand how this can go so wrong? I don’t know whether to laugh or cry :smiley: .

so it works?

100% we will get some sh*t Double xp for a week. Absolute joke of a company.

so it works?

Yes it works

Same it worked for 2 days until today when I was greeted with another 171gb update

So am I meant to let it download or wait for a fix?

1 Like

Please fix this, this is the second time in the last week I have had to download 171GB patch. It is an absolute disgrace.

1 Like

To be honest no one should download it again until they fix it

1 Like

For those who has problems with download speed, try Asia server. It worked for me, I’m downloading at 11MB/s

Battle.net, the download simulator.
I hope a compesation for this time. I can´t complete the battlepass.
5 days waiting a solution for this mess. Let Steam work next time please.

6 Likes

so on the last patch 1.18.0 i had this bug where it gave me the 170gb download. i ended up downloading it because no one had answers. And today i got another update tried to download it and it gave me again the 171gb download. This must be a April fools joke.

1 Like

ETA on the fix? If no ETA then please can I get a refund, i’m going to purchase it on xbox instead. (yes i know… low res, low fps crap… but least it works)

1 Like

I have same issue, and i scanned all files and waited to repair but the update amount decreased from 83gb to 72gb and it is so much for me again. Should I wait fixing or download?

Second time in 14 days! Well “played”! Uninstalling - probably FOREVER!

4 Likes