Call of Duty Modern Warfare - Unexpectedly Large Patch (March 27, 2020)

I’m getting lag and my game freezes “warzone” even tho im getting good fps when everything is at high and also i put everything on low but still got lag and freeze and i was about getting 270to300 fps can u plz help me.and also i get this thing where every time i open warzone it say downloading i would let it download but then the next i go on it,it will sad to download it again

in my comp there was a download about 83gb, i had done a repair and it became 73gb. my download speed 800kb please help i dont want to download whole game again.

still going with mine after allnight

same still got 43 GB left does anyone know if this update patch has been fixed yet by blizzard

1 Like

At a time when we’re in a Covid-19 crisis, people need proper internet bandwidth to work from home, and you guys are still releasing patches every few days. And with this 171GB patch, well, you just destroyed the internet in Europe with everyone trying to patch their game at the same time.

Can you guys just stop patching for a few weeks while we are in crisis? I get that you have Agile methodologies and stuff, but getting your customers frustrated and screwing the internet for essential workers is against that methodology altogether. Stop patching a game that works. We can deal with the weapon balancing etc. later.

3 Likes

Have a look at this it might be able to help you - It looks like the second part I posted has worked for someone just waiting on confirmation!

Appreciate the effort Frank but unfortunately it didnt work for me.

This is the 5th time the client demands me to redownload the whole game. This is why i quit the time before that one but i wanted to try warzone
At this point, i wont accept “just download again and it will work this time” as an answer.
I simply cant have access to a product i paid for and this is unnacceptable

1 Like

Alors Blizz on règle le problème ou non ??? On a payer pour jouer…

NHS Doncaster here . Day 2 of downloading “Update” !!!

Stay safe mate .

I can say that if your still updating or downloading let it finish. Make sure you have the latest launcher. And all will work fine :slight_smile: I have been playing a full day now since the new launcher came out and no issues what so ever.

1 Like

did u by any chance use [LogGoblin.exe] after ur update/ download then re launched battlenet can u help me?

The pinned thread “Slow Download speeds” doesn’t answer the real question, why the F*** do we need to redownload 170gigs every 2 days when the patch is merely 200Mbs ???

6 Likes

why battlenet workers didn’t answer this questions? why so many people have to download this file?

1 Like

This is a Joke. I’m a software engineer and a regular gamer and I’ve never seen this before. This is not a bug, this is is a fatal error.

Download 174GB of data again, during the highest internet usage in history because the covid… OMG. My disk is a collateral problem compared to that.

Just like everyone else, I also want my refund.

7 Likes

It looks like its something to do with corrupt IDX files ( 4MB ) in total, if these are duff it forces you to redownload the entire game, if I replace them with my old working ones I get the option to download 200MB patch

2 Likes

The fact how incompetent this is being handled triggers me asf. I have 165GB of basic game data that simply cant go broke because of a simple 200MB patch? How hard is it to get that frickin repair function to work and fix this BS. FFS this just shows me how much i like steam…

What the hell are you guys doing? 3rd time in a few months that i have to download a c.a. 180gb ‘update’ and you don’t even have a solution yet?

Trying this right now. Letting you know asap.

Also, i forgot: Have you done this after just exiting the launcher and then re-entering it ? Or have you replaced the IDX files and deleted all the cache of the battle.net from the Local and Roaming directories ? Thank you !!

At the moment I am just messing about with those files, but battlenet does bring up the same screen as before in the sense of if you have initiated that monster of a download it will try and go again. Instead of letting it do that run a scan and repair and it should understand what it actually needs is the 200mb update. I will keep you updated!

2 Likes

I have “185Gb update” issue, “slow download” issue and “BLZBNBLABLA” issue too. But I havent COVID19 yet… Thx God!

3 Likes