Call of Duty Modern Warfare - Unexpectedly Large Patch (March 27, 2020)

This is what the customer support dude put worked for me so should everyone else !

Hey again all,

The Battle.net Developers just released a patch for Battle.net which should prevent this from happening again. Here’s what you need to do at this point:

1. Allow Battle.net to update itself. If it doesn’t update when you log in today (April 1, 2020) then restart your PC. The build of Agent should be 2.19.4.7010 or later. You can view your Blizzard Agent version by clicking the Blizzard button in the top right of the app, then going to Settings , then going to About .
  2. Finish any current Call of Duty downloads occurring. Unfortunately there is no way for you to recover the old data, so you will need to finish any downloads.
  3. If you are still having problems with your game reinstalling itself after you complete your current reinstall, please run the Blizzard Log Collector . Email the resulting .zip file with this information:

To: techinfo@blizzard.com
Subject: Attn: Drakuloth - Battle.net Redownloads Call of Duty After Updating Battle.net and Reinstalling Call of Duty
Body: Please describe all of the troubleshooting you’ve done so far so that we can see what has and has not worked.

Thanks again to everybody for letting us know about this, sending in logs, and hanging tight while we got this fixed. Note that these are the Blizzard forums, not the Activision forums. Any questions about in game content like Battle Passes need to be

So did I but I think they will have to do something with the Blizzard client as well as it holds the “update” in cache in youre app data folder which is why it no matter what likes to resume from the same point! bloody annoying

I didn’t have to re download the whole game, my update was only 200mb after I carried out the steps in the list I made

That is with Americas selected.

To save me having to scroll up through loads of posts what steps?

Good to know they have some sort of resolution then.

I updated my client yesterday so first of all they didn’t “just released a new patch” unlike they’re saying. My client has been in 2.19.4.7010 since yesterday, it didn’t change a thing for me as apparently their “fix” is to “Finish any current Call of Duty downloads occurring.
I’m still downloading, it’s been 5 days already as of right now. They didn’t fix anything.

2 Likes

Yeah my client didn’t change either, so I guess what they are saying is everyone has to re download the entire game and then it SHOULDNT happen again, not really a great approach to the issue

I’m afraid of the next patch

4 Likes

#stayathome and keep trying to update 180 GB. Joke.

1 Like

But you didn’t get anything fixed. Most of us were already on agent 2.19.4.7010 so that did absolutely nothing. Not only that but we’re still not able to download from Europe, meaning we have to switch to Americas or Asia and take a considerable bandwidth hit. The game is going to take about a day to download. Just to entertain your idea that the client will only update after things have stopped downloading I completely uninstalled the game and your rubbish client, installed the client and guess what? Nothing, nothing changed at all. Went to try and install the game using Europe and error after error “We’re having a problem transferring data, please check YOUR internet”… I’m done. I’ve opened a ticket requesting a full refund for the game and battle pass.

2 Likes

Bruh downloaded 110GB in the last 6 hours and i stg if this makes me download it again :upside_down_face:

Update Europe seems to now be fixed and is allowing me to download the game at my normal 50+MB bandwidth. Fingers crossed that this installs now with no hiccups and that lessons have been learnt for future updates.

Still downloading at my normal 900kb/s…

Is this related to the installing shaders error i get every time i launch the game

My solution:

1. Locate COD MW folder
  2. Delete the whole folder
  3. Restart Battle.net
  4. Reinstall COD MW
  5. Done!

I hope this will fix your problem.

No, it’s not related to shaders. This is for better performance during the gameplay.

Isnt this the same thing mate.

No, shaders are for better performance in-game. You install shaders after you have downloaded the whole 170gb.

I honestly thought it was an April fools joke when I saw a 171GB download and I was playing the previous evening.