Call of Duty Modern Warfare - Unexpectedly Large Patch (March 27, 2020)

Hey! Situational question here, even though I don’t expect the support to answer considering their awful management of the situation. I was lucky enough to get the normal “only” 20GB 1.18 update a few days ago. When I logged in today, as many of you guys, the launcher featured another patch. Suspicious, I didn’t launch it as I’m pretty sure that it would make me download the whole 180GB of the game. For those with untouched files and no “downloads currently occuring” as they say, should we expect a fix to resume playing without going through this excruciating dl pain?

1 Like

no not really try it switch to Americas then Europe the Europe will crash and fail the Americas will work fine. Its just downloading the files from a different server. What should happen is. That it should auto route and have a patching and downloading server. But all this is f up so I guess do that for now :slight_smile:

Is it letting you play or saying update and no other option to play?

this is happening before 1.18 patch and blizzard doesnt provide any information about the problem so idk when a fix will arrive

Its an UPDATE you can’t get passed it no matter what

Follow this but ignore the restore previous version, backup your game folder so you have a good copy available.

Nah I still have that “update” button that I don’t dare to press, even though I’ve got their Agent build up to date

hey i saw your reply on other thread where you said you were able to restore the previous package of the game so that you didnt have to download the 75+gb pack again, but only the 188mb patch. Could you please explain how?
Thank you

I restored from previous version within Windows but thats only available if you have certain features within windows enabled

Yes thank you sir fixed for me :slight_smile: Amazing support got there in the end !!

1 Like

So I get 20gig into the 171gb download and then get a nice error message saying “We’re having a problem transferring date. Please check your internet connection”… I clicked okay and it then started the download again from 0… I give up. I’m uninstalling this game and firing off a ticket requesting a refund. What a complete shambles.

Nice one glad you got on. Good to know the guide doesn’t just work for me :slight_smile:

If you’re downloading the entire game again leave it on Americans and apparently that error doesn’t come up

I’ll try that as well tomorrow and keep you updated on the results :slight_smile: I still have a slight hope that Blizzard will do something ahah

You haven’t got it fixed though have you! We’re all having to download the game again (171gb in some cases) so how’s that a fix?

This is what the customer support dude put worked for me so should everyone else !

Hey again all,

The Battle.net Developers just released a patch for Battle.net which should prevent this from happening again. Here’s what you need to do at this point:

1. Allow Battle.net to update itself. If it doesn’t update when you log in today (April 1, 2020) then restart your PC. The build of Agent should be 2.19.4.7010 or later. You can view your Blizzard Agent version by clicking the Blizzard button in the top right of the app, then going to Settings , then going to About .
  2. Finish any current Call of Duty downloads occurring. Unfortunately there is no way for you to recover the old data, so you will need to finish any downloads.
  3. If you are still having problems with your game reinstalling itself after you complete your current reinstall, please run the Blizzard Log Collector . Email the resulting .zip file with this information:

To: techinfo@blizzard.com
Subject: Attn: Drakuloth - Battle.net Redownloads Call of Duty After Updating Battle.net and Reinstalling Call of Duty
Body: Please describe all of the troubleshooting you’ve done so far so that we can see what has and has not worked.

Thanks again to everybody for letting us know about this, sending in logs, and hanging tight while we got this fixed. Note that these are the Blizzard forums, not the Activision forums. Any questions about in game content like Battle Passes need to be

So did I but I think they will have to do something with the Blizzard client as well as it holds the “update” in cache in youre app data folder which is why it no matter what likes to resume from the same point! bloody annoying

I didn’t have to re download the whole game, my update was only 200mb after I carried out the steps in the list I made

That is with Americas selected.

To save me having to scroll up through loads of posts what steps?