Call of Duty Modern Warfare - Unexpectedly Large Patch (March 27, 2020)

Looks like their forum admins are active on here as they keep locking threads lol would be good if they could communicate their progress!

2 Likes

so you have to move the folder to another HD? i have no space on other drives…otherwise i have the risk that it doesnt work and starting again :smiley:

so, what i dont understand is, that the existing folder seems to be untouched. it stays at 166gb all the time. so the re-download just override corrupted files? then why does the repair-function only restores about 20gb? after repairing i only had to download 150 instead of 170gb…strange

Same here, uninstall and reinstall don’t change anything, thanks guys for wasting our time for nothing…

1 Like

I did that at earlier problem doesnt work

I’ve already tried this, but it didn’t work :<

I can’t see how that would work as essentially all you are doing is uninstalling the battlenet client and reinstalling it, the game files remain untouched just moved around

This worked for me be interesting to see if it does for anyone else

My MW folder has 79gb so it wasnt to problem to move whole folder

then you have the “warzone free version” right?
the full version has 170 gb…:frowning:

Yes thats right :slight_smile:

do you think all this will be fixed by morning i bloody hope so this patch and update thing needs to be fixed by the morning for the EU server

try american servers…im downloading with around 8 mb/s from germany…

i wont be fixed. you have to download it again…

1 Like

rn im downloading on american server

ok. better than nothing…65 gb left for me…

2 Likes

77 gb for me @ 5.2 mb/s

It’s a shame… are we all supposed to redownload 170GB?
It would be OK if the servers actually worked…
I’m from EU & i need to change my server to Americas to be able to download at 1/3rd of the speed i usually download at.

Good Freaking Job.
Hopefully next update doesn’t make me redownload the whole game again.

2 Likes

Hey! Situational question here, even though I don’t expect the support to answer considering their awful management of the situation. I was lucky enough to get the normal “only” 20GB 1.18 update a few days ago. When I logged in today, as many of you guys, the launcher featured another patch. Suspicious, I didn’t launch it as I’m pretty sure that it would make me download the whole 180GB of the game. For those with untouched files and no “downloads currently occuring” as they say, should we expect a fix to resume playing without going through this excruciating dl pain?

1 Like

no not really try it switch to Americas then Europe the Europe will crash and fail the Americas will work fine. Its just downloading the files from a different server. What should happen is. That it should auto route and have a patching and downloading server. But all this is f up so I guess do that for now :slight_smile:

Is it letting you play or saying update and no other option to play?

this is happening before 1.18 patch and blizzard doesnt provide any information about the problem so idk when a fix will arrive

Its an UPDATE you can’t get passed it no matter what