Call of Duty Modern Warfare - Unexpectedly Large Patch (March 27, 2020)

Im with you i will not be able to get it now so the better refund this crap…

tried both, it’s not working…

seems like 1st April fools but is not…

1 Like

have the same exact issue, keeps wanting to reinstall 149 gb

Yesterday I download 177 GB now see next 177 GB patch WHAT iS THiS ???

Hey again all,

The Battle.net Developers just released a patch for Battle.net which should prevent this from happening again. Here’s what you need to do at this point:

1. Allow Battle.net to update itself. If it doesn’t update when you log in today (April 1, 2020) then restart your PC. The build of Agent should be 2.19.4.7010 or later. You can view your Blizzard Agent version by clicking the Blizzard button in the top right of the app, then going to Settings, then going to About.
  2. Finish any current Call of Duty downloads occurring. Unfortunately there is no way for you to recover the old data, so you will need to finish any downloads or reinstall the game.

Thanks again to everybody for letting us know about this, sending in logs, and hanging tight while we got this fixed. Note that these are the Blizzard forums, not the Activision forums. Any questions about in game content like Battle Passes need to be sent to Activision.

2 Likes

I’m done with this i want a refund, already 2 nights that are ruined by your bad choices, money hungry and worst support ever. Never had problems with OW, starcraft, hearthstone … I stupidily bought cod games all my life. THIS WAS THE LAST TIME> I’m done , i want a refund !

13 Likes

I cannot play the game, it is always downloading 171 GB, poor development quality, terrible testing capabilities and the customer support is even worst…

Can we get at least a refund?

4 Likes

Uninstalled as suggested and still getting ‘We’re having a problem transferring data’. Even you suggested solution at that start of this thread doesn’t work. This is what happens when you let lazy third party developers (IW) use battle.net.

4 Likes

WTF. This is an absolute JOKE! The download automatically started 15 minutes ago when I launched the launcher to play the game and now because I did it too early, I have to redownload the game with no fix?! I’m so done…

7 Likes
  1. Finish any current downloads occuring. Unfortunately there is no way for you to recover the old data (?)

So the data just disappeared from yesterday when it was working totally fine? pfff
This takes way too long to download at these speeds…

9 Likes

April fools…haha. Wait what???

3 Likes

This is a pretty big mess up affecting a lot of people, shame on you.

9 Likes

So Activision is telling us, that EVERY of 75 (or more) files of size 0,99GB is corrupt… HAHAHA. I LOVE STEAM!!

8 Likes

So let me get this straight,

1. I have to Download again a 180 GB game.
  2. I have to switch from European Server to the American Server in order to get an 8 MB/s Download speed while my average is 20+ MB/s.
  3. I cannot play the game that I paid for, neither I can proceed in unlocking more Tiers in the Battle pass which I stupidly bought yesterday with an extra payment.
  4. After hours or days of being unavailable to play your game, I will have to deal again with your stupid Client Bugs etc.
  5. We will hear no sorry or receive any goods for your incompetence and it’s not the first time.

Small Incompetent Indie Company

33 Likes

I have tried so many different things, looks like the battlenet client updated from 11914 to 11943 maybe this has something to do with it and thats where the problem is…

2 Likes

Man, people are mad, I hope you guys have added some integration tests, and you might wanna scale the download servers for recovery, 150kb/s is pretty rough for a 170gb download.

Anyway, have a good one guys, cheers! Looking forward to play again.

2 Likes

Ok so I have restored the game files to yesterdays working version and run a repair on the game. Now it has prompted me for a patch which is only 188 MB i will let you know the results…

3 Likes

Drakuloth,

You have to realize this is the second time this has happened to people inside of a week. This is just not good enough. When this download is finished it means I have downloaded 342GB worth of patches in a couple of days just to try and get some time to play this game.

Your reply is not sufficient whatsoever. Why is this happening and what compensation are we going to be offered for having to do this. There are alot of people not in the position to download this mass data whether it be data caps or slow download speeds after putting their faith in and buying the game.

As a company this is really not good enough at all

14 Likes

How you managed it? Can you explain?

2 Likes