Call of Duty Modern Warfare - Slow or Stuck Downloads

After spending more than two days trying anything, I decided to do the following:
where the big button that says “update” or “install” comes out, there is a tab that gives you the choice of whether you are from Europe, America or Asia, having it in Europe by default, I changed it to America and it worked for me, it started to download like crazy . and then I switched to Europe again and I downloaded it great.
try yourselves and I hope it works for you.

I have the same problem i have tried to switch country and uninstall the game and downloade but nothing works

What a joke of a company and support. never will i buy anything from this company. And what a joke of a support system…sound like a indian tutoring over the phone telling us that our internet connection is to blame. What a f7345634d up game you offered that we have to manually delete app data, program data files, bypass our antivirus like it’s a torrent game with crack. What a shame of a company and game. I was so stupid thinking I could actually enjoy a game i bought but since then(3 weeks ) ago I haven’t been able to even start the game. Tried all the solutions you can think of but again, the problem is that WE have to try these ridiculous stuff in order to make YOUR game to work.

5 Likes

Hello
I have the same problem i have switch country Europe to america and The downloade start again now so i wait but it’s not fast

HI there. This guide is NOT relevant THERE are NO OPTIONS ANYWHERE! And why I can’t include LINKS FROM BLIZZARD if there is an option to do it in this post form …

Try this one! Maybe it could work guys.
Change the Network connection to any other. ((For Eg.) Connect through your mobile hotspot) and then if any changes in download speed and stuck. Then come back to the old internet connection. If you are using an WiFi Router,Try Connecting ethernet directly to ur PC/Laptop and try it! Then it will download at good speed without any problem. This worked for me!

I tryed out may things, now it looks like I got a working one.
Set Battle.net Application from EU to Asia und the Game from EU to US.
the Download does not crashes anymore now. The download speed is even about 20 time higher than befor.

Even though the game is downloaded, after the march 27 patch it does not update and gives errors, what the hell. I can’t finish my battle pass because of this. There needs to be some compensation. Unreal

1 Like

Battle.net downloads the game now at 3MB/s and I can go up to 60MB/s. I tried downloading Overwatch to check the download speeds on that game. There it downloads at 55MB/s.

Update 1.18.0 has permanently destroyed this game.

1 Like

Hi from Croatia,I was on 200kb/s for good 3 days with download stoped multiple times,now while Im posting this Im at 600kb/s to 1mb/s…What a joke is this? Its not Blizzard you are new company so fix this issue.

Bought the game last night - Played 2 deathmatch games - DevError crash - Re-download comes up - Have to re-download 170gb - Downloader stops every 5 damn min. - And I thought GTAV was messed up… You take €60 for a game thats literally not even rdy to download!

You better come up with a fix today or I’m surely getting my money back :slight_smile:

1 Like

So what I’ve been doing to fight against this when it crashes is to restart the update, pause it, go into the settings, limit it at 5000B/s for a bit, then uncap it (put 0 as the limit) and wait for it to crash again then restart. I had tried first progressive increases to the download speed cap but that just resulted in random crashes. Cheers.

1 Like

Hello there, thank you very much for your post, it worked wonders and it took almost not ime, again, thank you very much!

at this moment i just want a refund ,this company is close being a joke

1 Like

I have 1Gbps symetrical connection and now im unable to download update. Bacuse of 1 kbps transfer to activision servers… WTF?!

I see its been 5 days since these problems began… save to say nothing is being done. im on mobile internet and im downloading 171gigs of game THAT I ALREADY HAVE. I guess you get what you pay for hahaha (got the game for free)
i can also safely say ive spent more time downloading and updating rather than playing the actual game. this joke again is another rediculous amount of time wasted with speeds of aprox 3MB/s and no its nog my internet speed. Id be really pissed if had payed for anything in the game… at this point you might aswell just make it all free to play. Dont get me wrong, the game is great, looks good and is fun. Its just everything around is terrible. I expect very little to nothing and still got dissapointed. Rally bummed out

UPDATE: 500kbps, im out, yall suck

New update and AGAIN the same thing, another 170gb update???
You guys need to fix this ASAP, Im getting tired of this.
I cant complete anything because every new update I have to download 170gb.
If this happens again I want a refund.

Same cant finish my battlepass and challenges because there is another 170gb update…

This is happening again with the new update. I was really enjoying this game and was looking forward to playing it, but this happening for a second time is ridiculous. Getting to the point where I’m gonna give up on this game. More hassle than it’s worth.