Call of Duty Modern Warfare - Slow or Stuck Downloads

Blizzard dont care, they dont give a sh*t. I have a 500mbit connection, and currently i download with 4,5mb pr sec. LOL wtf…
Needed to install game on new hard drive, will take 2 days :rofl:

Idiot company, buy more bandwith or give me my money back !

1 Like

Its a big joke. I dont need my 500 mb/s connection any more. I can degrade to 28 800 bps modem or 56 000 bps flex with the speed u offer me to download pacthes .

AND NOW A LOTS OF OUR PATCH IS DOWNLOADED. i WANTED TO PLAY A FAST GAME BUT SHEET I FORGOT ALL ABOUT THIS SHADERS THAT Also need to be installed.

1 Like

this is absolutely a joke. I have a 750 mb/s connection and I can not get this game to download faster than 200 KB/s. This is on top of having over 30GB updates every month or so.

1 Like

OK theres several simple to the Activision/Blizzard

1. implement a peer to peer sharing option how many millions of users do u have would easily spread the load your too cheap pay for.
  2. go talk to Jeff Bezos amazon cloud services can handle ridiculous ddos attacks in the terabits a second im pretty sure they could scale to a patch day
1 Like

I can’t even understand this topic point… FOR REAL! A launcher like battle net can’t afford large downloading while a game is getting regular updates of 20~40GB… 500MB and CAN’T EVEN REACH 1MB DOWNLOAD… this is SO stupid!! Fix yo sh*t! This ain’t epic games, or is it?

1 Like

Alright, tried downloading the MW patch today and i am getting 28kB/s.
So i tried using a vpn again, which worked last time to get 10 MB/s.
This time battle.net app is such a trash, that it tells me “the battle.net agent crashed” or it just stops downloading completely.

To sum it up, they are not only refusing to upgrade their shi**y server infrastructure, they even mess up workarounds which worked before.

i will for sure never ever buy anything from battle.net again!

1 Like

Yeah right. There is a “resurgence” of this particular problem every god damned time one of these huge updates is released. No other client has this problem just battle.net so stop bullshatting us!

Why dont you release patch before release, why dont you use other methods to allow players to download the game rather then relying on your shockingly crap app? id rather download through steam or a random website then deal with this sh*te every time a patch is released.

1 Like

should all get a petition up to all be refunded!

Good job Blizzard. Again…
If your Server/CDN can’t handle this much traffic, do not publish 30GB Updates for this many users.

Have you tried to restarting your server?

1 Like

@ the Blizzard staff:
I just bought COD MW, now I’m stuck downloading 200GB with 70 KB/s. This is ridiculous, just like the ‘solutions’ you guys suggest to solve the prob. You guys must be kidding! Honestly, I just feel betrayed.

But there’s some good news for you. I’m in germany and here we have a law protecting people against fraud, it’s called the right of withdrawal. I give you guys 1 week to solve the problem or I’ll claim back my money at the dealer. If it comes to that, I’ll never buy a Blizzard game again.

@ the other folks here in the thread:
I advise you to do like I do. Just go for your right. And tell about this in the other forums.

1 Like

Worked for me! Thanks buddy

Same here from Spain.
On a wired 500Mb, the update is downloading at 500kbps.
I bet you a sugar cube that PS players has the exclusive to use the entire Activision´s bandwith.

After waiting 24h i can finally download the patch. Only with 150Mbit/s but that’s better than nothing.

@Blizzard This is still a joke. Are you running your server on a potato?
I just read your pinned message. There is no “overall internet congestion”.
Please stop blaming your customers for your incompetence.

Just bumping this in case by pure luck there is overal internet congestion tomorrow for some unknown reason. Funnily enough all the little patches download without any issues.

Purchase some bandwidth please Blizzard.
God I hope the next game is not distributed in the same way

idk if you’re downloading right now, but its happening lol

I found something on other sites, switch on a vpn to where you connect for the download and suddenly you have a liltle bit more speeds…i went from 500 kbs to 1 to 1,5 mbs …seriously?

When i switch it of it now goes sub 500 kbs…wow kick your CDN provider in the privates and very hard please

Edit : I am on fibre so even 1,5 mbps is utterly silly

Fix your routing already, using a vpn (reatting overheid and routing thorugh another country) actually increases my speed to a lousy 2,5mbps instead op the 30+ i should be able to get…Without vpn i get 100 kbps…seriously this is not acceptable

I use NordVPN and I got 20 MB/s now. How come they are the only ones that have horrible download speed in Europe ?

Not just EU i see complaints from literally all over the world, the fact using a VPN increases your bandwidth is a very bad sign indeed…are they reading your bandwidth and capping it on a few percent? Using a VPN they cant see that of course or they see the max vpn gateway speed and that gets you higher bandwidth, is that what’s going on?