Call of Duty Modern Warfare - Slow or Stuck Downloads

I thought it was 2020 but here I am , still downloading at around 800kb. What a joke.

how about just enabling preload of patches blizzard, my friend on ps4 downloaded it days ago

1 Like

How is this still an issue? Every update it’s the same crap. They have to be aware of it by now, FIX IT! What a bunch of amateurs…

2 Likes

And still this bull**** continues.
No Blizzard! We do not need to check our connections or VPNs. You have been aware of the issue for how many large updates?
I get no issue with Steam or Origin but every time with your pile of crap.
Im attempting to download 58gb. The current speed 12kbs. THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.
People come on here advising how to pause this change that, solutions that work for all of 10 seconds . We can’t just sit here for 12 sodding hours keeping an eye on it.
You are a professional company. You have Customers.
Start acting like a professional outfit and Do something about it

9 Likes

I cant see how using a VPN speeds up the process. Using a vpn will always be slower

I totally agree, a vpn should never be faster with the extra overhead and extra hops…but it does.

This leads me to believe there is either a serious routing issue, or they are capping the bandwidth to a fraction of your real bandwidth and the VPN fools them into thinking your bandwidth is much greater then it is (vpn gateways normally having massive bandwidth).

I have now tested it in 3 locations and several times, without vpn: 100 kbs… max 500 kbs. With vpn: 1,5 mbps to even 3 mbps.

I use a slow “free” provider, but people with bigger paid providers have even bigger gains (mentioned in posts above ours a few times)

Every patch the damn same. Even the smaller patches in between never reaches full dl speed on my end. Just want you let you devs know you work for a greedy donky company and you money greedy defecation outlets can suck bags of male genitals.

3 Likes

Blizzard is a trash company. How is it possible to have a simple issue for almost half a year now and don’t do anything about it. BLIZZARD IS TRASH, PERIOD!!!

3 Likes

I don’t know how, I don’t know why, but I get pretty decent (10mb/s) speeds when I use a VPN set to the US and use Blizzards Americas server. Still absolutely insane that I have to do that, just fix this garbage Blizzard.

@PolarBear,

just did the same, vpn to america and boom…
going from ~500kb european server to ~7MB/s american server…

How is this possible, for real?

Frikn done with this franchise. Last cod I bought for sure. Enjoy your 15 bucks purple pew pews lads.

Right? Really wierd stuff…

Yep, but i only have 2GB left for my missing 45GB installation :sob:

Garbage servers blizzard

Just a quick thought: If you are going to host 50GB patches, maybe you should try and make sure your servers aren’t complete garbage?

3 Likes

Blizzard i doing a really bad job. 4 months ago i had the same problem with very slow download speeds, they were working on it. Now 4 months later i have the same problem and it is still not fixed yet! Please Blizzard fix your stuff!

its on blizzards side, not of the call of duty. But yea dont buy any call of duty again from blizzard. This stuff is not acceptable to be a problem for more then 6 months

like really how is this possible still like when shadowlands get release u guys gona choke as hard as warlords of draenor? god lord fix your end already with such horrible download speed everytime when a patch hits it’s always the same we had better download speed when we had windows 94 like id like to get my money back seriously takes 2-3 days for the download speed to get back to normal this is just ridicilous

We’ll keep you posted as we get more information on this situation.
more info like cmon spend some cash to provide better service rather trying to hug that stock prices to be better broke company rly

wow. thx acti!!! now i just have to download the 55gig patch with crazy fast 1.5mbits of my 1000mbits connection. when you gonna get new/more/better servers??? the download wont even start on eu servers! still have to dl the fkn updates from asia servers.

pause, unpaused, change dl speed, reset it. every update same procedure again. its a fkn joke that this issue on pc with the battle net launcher is ignored by you for months now but well at least you have fired more than over 100 employees so your ceo still can earn his 30mil per year so i guess its fine?

4 Likes