Call of Duty Modern Warfare - Slow or Stuck Downloads

VAC is terrible… If this game was on Steam it would be flooded with cheaters and it would die very quickly.

I gave them more than 70e just to get a game that’s close to 200GB with each update another 30gb(granted it replaces most of it but still) . ) There is 0 support or honesty from the devs and I feel like the biggest fool for spending my money here. It will never happen again especially on a game that gives me grey hairs by the minute. Very bad download speeds, very bad optimization of the game , very bad lags and servers and 0 support. It’s a shame cuz warzone could have been really really good…

1 Like

Man this is just unbelievable ! 3rd big update same issue again and again. I got 100mbps dowload speed and i got 20 to 200 kb . It s been whole day i still 18 gb dowload left. None of those solutions are working. Clearly nothing left to say for me.

1 Like

Getting fed-up with this slow download been downloading for a day now and not even half way done think its been 3 updates since lockdown days of sitting waiting for slow downloads sitting at 80KB 150KB then you get an error so then you have sat waiting not noticing its stopped then needing to restart again its a joke.i only have max speed download of 4MB a sec and getting these slow speeds is not fair upgrade your service if it cant handle the load.

1 Like

I read the existing posts about this problem pinned at the top of the subforum. I followed the troubleshooting steps I read. None of them worked. I am looking for additional help.

When I try to download Call of Duty: Modern Warfare my download speed is ~50 KB/s. When I try to download any other video game through the Battle.net app or other video game digital distribution apps (e.g., Stream, Origin) my download speed is ~40 MB/s.

I do not understand what is going on. I opened a ticket with Blizzard Entertainment but figured it cannot hurt to also ask here. I may get lucky.

i have fiber internet 1000gbps internet speed all other game launchers from steam to gog and even uplay have downloads speed ranging from 50-100 mega per seconds download speed either its a patch or a full game,even downloading from browsers from random website is faster…

but the battlenet launcher by blizzard owned by the giant activision is struggling to give me more than 6 mega per seconds and even drop to the kilo per seconds(what are we back in the early 2000’s?!)

and dont give me the situation blah blah blah excuses just 5 days ago i bought rdr2 on epic game launcher the launcher everyone loves to hate and the download rate never dropped below 26mega and it peaked at around the 70’s.

the way the download speed are the lowest in the business is unacceptable especially when its their game call of duty modern warfare(that you cant purchase anywhere else on pc)that requires a 30gb patch every few weeks,and to add insult to injury this game single player content also need a constant internet connection,in other words if the game is not patched it cannot be accessed!

this is bad way to fight piracy by punishing your customers,meanwhile if i had the game on a console the patch would have finished downloading in 40 minutes max!

i regret buying this game just because of that.

1 Like

I would like to know, I live in Finland, and so for my region is set to Europe.

This whole day I’ve tried to download MW with my 1000/100MB fiber connection, but it’s still not completed, speed is like 2MB/s.

When I dig bit more deep into this issue, I noticed that Blizzard Update Agent only downloads data from US-servers (based on IPs). Have you maybe all Europe servers down or what a hell is happening, that patches gets downloaded all the way from states?

SOLUTION
Living in the UK 370mb Fibre. Basic UK network download 2Mb p/sec on Battle.net. Switched VPN to United States using Proton VPN (free unlimited single user - comes with a 7 day non-subscription Premium trial btw) & BOOM! 8-10Mb p/sec.

Blizzard, proper sort your allegiance out. Asia was only 1mb p/sec. I have been avoiding buying MW due to it being available on Battle.net only but here we are. 108Gb took 10 hours overall & the last 65Gb took less the 2 hours. Utter joke of a service with it just over being half a year after release.

2 Likes

I have been trying to download Call of Duty: Modern Warfare for four days. I cannot get the speed to go over ~100 KB/s. I can download Diablo III: Reaper of Souls and World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth at ~20 MB/s. I am frustrated. I do not understand why I can download some video games but not Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. So far the ticket I opened has not provided a working answer. I already tried everything in the various forum threads and help articles. The thread I opened asking for help got closed and I was told to post here instead even though I already tried everything in this thread. I am tempted to ask for a refund because I cannot access the product I purchased and it appears to be a function of Battle.net malfunction and not anything under my control.

5 Likes

I miss steam so much… I hate these 2€ server, this company is a joke

4 Likes

Actually shocking that this is still an issue. This has happened for every MW patch since lockdown in the UK began. Fix it. This is a joke. You say you’re limiting download speeds, what to 280Kbs? Then 5MB when I use a workaround I found on Reddit? Doesn’t sound like desired behaviour of your speed reduction if you ask me.

4 Likes

my internet speed is 100Mbps on oklea speed test yet my down load speed with you is only 2.55 Mbps goes as low as 42.45 Kbps … Really ?? …WTF ???

1 Like

How do we still have the same problems when I see these first posts are from march!
EU download speeds are an insult to modern day gaming!

2 Likes

Most absolute garbage type of support message. Why does using VPN increases my download speed to 30mb/s when not using a vpn gives me less than 1mb/s? It’s been like this for every patch, no changes or improvement in this

3 Likes

Underrated response. This helped me massively. Thanks for the tip, I used VPN but didnt think to change to a US VPN and switch Regions. Went from 500kb/s to 8Mb/s. Still sh!te, but won’t take 72 hours to download…

1 Like

100mbit connection here everything is normal in other clients and in speed test but blizz doesn’t even care about Eu region downloading at 300-500kb speed is not acceptable fix this.

4 Likes

Imagine paying for top end Broadband, and paying £80 for a game (and whatever else on Battle Passes etc.) and having to use a cheap VPN off the internet just to get 8MB/s on the Battlenet App… F$K ME

4 Likes

Exact same situation here.

Region: EU.
Speed: 200KB/sec, to download a 39GB+ patch :rage:

That equates to 57 hours to finish downloading. Which I’ve had to calculate manually since perhaps Blizzard thinks it’s not worth it to include an “estimated time left” on the download meter.

Regardless of how much throttling the CDN I’m connected to is actually applying at the moment. This is beyond bad.

4 Likes

same problem eu region 50kbs download in 2020 its just a joke :man_facepalming:

1 Like

You are a genius!! Your idea of using a vpn is great, as battle.net application is stupid and only lets you download files from a server in your current country.

I am trying to download mw patch (45 GB), german battle.net servers are giving me 26 KB/s (thats a bad joke…) and using a vpn connected to the usa (where people are sleeping right now i guess) i am getting ~10 MB/s.

Blizzard engineers are really not smart enough to provide unused server capacities to other country’s users and let them instead use the same “heavily loaded” servers to get stupidly slow speeds? Shame on you Blizzard.

2 Likes