Call of Duty Modern Warfare - Slow or Stuck Downloads

Same here, really annoying. Using VPN connected to America and then set the region to America in Battle Net it’ll help. But not everyone has unlimited data for VPN

1 Like

Same here dude, just downloaded the MW2CR without problems at 32MB/s and now this update is not even downloading at 1MB/s

1 Like

wow, dont get me started on this.

Im new to warzone actually. - been playing it for a few days… however… here is my story of updates!.

Download 1. initial download day… (took overnight) we dont have the best inet connection. (this was a few weeks back)

Then the day after, (before the first day to play) - update day.

I needed to download another 40Gig or so… - np i thought…

it took 3 DAYS :frowning: - was getting very slow speeds. (im on a 40MB/S line) but was getting 200k download speeds.

Finally in… played an hour or so. - powercut!.. (not the games fault)
sadly had to re-install the game as it corrupted files. - another day later.

i got bored of it very quickly so figured Id go do something else.

Came back to it again a week ago. - downloaded it again. (90 gig)
then an update, 50 Gig.

Then played it perfect for 2 days… woot!.

Decided to buy MW so i can learn all the guns/items correctly etc.

On exit, need to download 88gig again (i guess thats the game part) No problem. did it.

Then, day after. - booted up to play with friends. and was confronted with a “update” button, small but 7 gig download that tool 5 hours!!!. again at less than 1mb per sec.

Fast forward to today. - yet another update. of 40 gig or so (cant rem) - been downloading since this morning. - less than 100k/s.

So Ive been downloading the game with updates/patches longer than Ive even loaded the game. :slight_smile:

is this normal? if so GG

I am also trying to update the game. 31,6 GB with a download quote of 3,5 mb/s.!! And the connection is only steady for one second!! that is absolutely indiscutable!!! After one month there is still nothing happened …

1 Like

The only solution my friends and I have found is sourcing a free VPN like ProtonVPN or something similar and connecting to somewhere in America, then switching the download region on the launcher to the Americas. It only gets around 5-7MB/s but it’s better than it not downloading the update at all. This really needs to be sorted before huge 30GB patches like this are released.

Agree with LeSmeeth, I use VPN, connect to US and get 4-5 MB/s
But for a very long time I see a message that they know about the issue but do nothing to solve it.
My first and last CoD I buy with that attitude.

2 Likes

500 kb/s now…
I’ll never pay to Blizzard

3 Likes

wTF ONE MOTH WITH THIS §§§§$%&§%$&§$% DOWNLOADING PROBLEMS BLIZZARTD ?FIX !!! THIS IS THE WORST DOWNLOADING PLATFORM ON EARTH

2 Likes

Be glad you can even download the update. I am literally getting 50kb or less on a 350MB internet. I am about ready to completely remove this garbage launcher and every game tied to it. I am already fed up of MW and it’s ridiculous updates. Seems like every time I open the game I have a 30GB update to install. What are they even putting in these updates? Seriously…

They are the size of most triple A titles. It’s absurd. And the download issues are something that have never been fixed. It’s never been this bad before, but now I can’t even play the game. I literally am unable to download the update. Of course, some Battlenet mod will try and say it is something wrong on my end, in which case I will tell them to get lost because this issue only ever happens with Battlenet.

I have no issues with anything else. They need to sort their crap out or they won’t have a player base left on PC. Absolute garbage. Actually no, that is an insult to garbage.

3 Likes

have also been trying most of the day to download from the uk.
After connecting vpn to the usa i am now downloading at 2mb/s , not amazing but better than 100kb/s.

1 Like

Same problem here :expressionless:

I have had this problem all day, I have just limited my download speed to 850 kbps, and it is downloading at around 750kbps, not great at all but better than 50kbps

After 4 hours i am at 4%.
Can we sue Blizzard and have them pay our electricity bills?
Well they don’t have money for serious servers they would not be able to pay if they lose anyways.

2 Likes

mismo problema que todos. da verguenza que despues de 2 meses sigamos teniendo el mismo problema. QUE CAMBIEN COD DE PLATAFORMA XFAVOR

I did the same,had to do it with the last update,its a joke.

It´s a bad joke, downloading with 530 B/s…

2 Likes

Okey CAN U FIX THE DOWNLOAD SPEED PROBLEM i buy second game of cod and spend money on it. This is my third time new patch come out and i download it for 2 days because my download speed is 2.60 mb/s then go to 50 kb/s then i pause it and its good for a minute then again . I saw the article about slow speed but im losing time and money because u have slow and old servers. My friends on ps4 that have the game dont have that problem only os on pc on this damn aplicattion . FIX THE PROBLEM !!!

4 Likes

Same news from Athens , pause and resuming the download first second shows 3.5Mbs after a few seconds turns to Kilobytes even BYTES for whatever reason and then to ZERO.And to have a good argument what’s worth 30gb of an update for god’s sake.
I tried downloading a game from my STEAM collection and it works at my top Download speed so its not my issue. CAN YOU FIX THE PRODUCTS WE PAY FOR?
Adding to multiple crashes(dev errors for days) and malfunctions of the game this is the first and last time i give money to any of these developers along with feedback from people that had zero-to-none support from IW and Activision you guys prove every day that the model of PUBG is ruling this industry :GET WHAT YOU CAN AND DON’T LOOK BACK so it might not be ideal to leave this hobby behind me but tolerance has it’s limits.

2 Likes

Yeah same issues in the UK, no problems with Steam at all. Why is Blizzard claiming it is an intentional limit of download speeds when no other distributor is doing this?! I envy you guys with your KB/s I am currently at about 70B/s!

i was playing warzone and thought it would be a great idea to buy the entire game… on blizzard…
what a mistake… downloading 95 gbyte with these slows speeds… its a freaking joke.
never ever will i buy anything on blizzard…

i wish i would have bought on steam…

omg what a nightmare…

how can they not get addictional space from amazon oracle etc to host the downloads…

1 Like