Call of Duty Modern Warfare - Slow or Stuck Downloads

Hello, I’ve now been waiting for my update of MW to finish for the past 4 hours. I’ve completed the several listed troubleshooting steps but with no luck. I’ve tested my upload- aswell as download speed, and nothing’s wrong. I tried downloading something on steam, where I had 12 MB/s. Then I launch battlenet, there I download at 178 BYTES, not even kilobytes. I think you need to fix your servers because this is not the first time, and I’m betting it wont be the last.

I sincerely hope you’re able to help me, and provide me some guidance that allows my game to download and update.

Best regards, Otterz

MY DOWNLOAD SAYING 35KT/S AND MY REAL SPEED IS 40MB! new cod update i been downloading 8 hours -.- fix that connection!!! not a first time on blizzard!

You kidding me right? Give them a break? It isn’t even the developers issue, it’s the publishers. Activision’s servers have always been garbage. Now their grade A trash app won’t even work correctly. They don’t deserve a break, nor do the developers for creating these absurd updates in the first place.

Every damn time I open this game I have an absurdly large update to install. Its become a bad joke now.

This download speed is NOT possibile for a service like that in 2020. Okay, it’s a game, not an essential service but hey, should be your interest. Why put a 30Gb update if the server doesn’t work? And is not the first time in two months of Modern Warfare.
Writing from Italy, started to download at 1PM, still downloading, I’m now halfway through the download

1 Like

I never had these type of issues with steam …

What’s going on over there?

I have 1Gb internet and usually average 100-120MB/s in downloads but for somw misteroyus reason it is downloading some " 32GB fix-it" patch at 1-3MB/s … REEEee

Edit #1
It’s averaging ~12MB/s now; needs to be 10 times faster still :}

our opinion and feedback is literally useless to them. it’s like trash.
Either they choose not to listen or they are that ignorrant to realize the mess that they brought upon themselves.
Either way i give this game 1 week tops with this condition.
LISTEN TO US PLEASE .

took me almost 8 hours to f****** download 30 gigs -_-

Blizzard: Primarily, our Content Distributing Network is intentionally reducing download speeds to help with “internet demands”?

WTF are you even talking about? Internet is fine… Only YOUR BULLSH*T SERVERS are the problem… God damnit i can play CS:GO while Streaming Netflix on 3 different TV’s with a low ping… I can download on Steam with 60MB/s.

And Blizzard? 50-60KB/s downloads, big freakin lags at Warzone… Sometimes packet loss up to 150%…

Your Servers are BULLSH*T, that’s the Problem. Nothing else.

This whole problem is just a joke. Cheaters capture the whole Warzone game… Nothing you do about, your servers suck a*s, nothing you do about.

I really hope the next CoD is not getting released at Blizzard.

1 Like

After i’ve seen how bad they handle problems i don’t want another COD :joy:

I am literally getting a pathetic 72 BYTES per second. Seriously???

Is this an europe only issue or did i just magically get higher download speeds by using a vpn and connect it to US ?

This is some seriously bad CDN.

just bought the game 2 days ago for 45 euros and was really enjoying it until todays patch my download stuck im so disappointed

i have the same issue with the download patch what is going on the same problem with blizzard , this is no good we spend money and we get this …

FINALLY got the patch down… Only took 9 hours… Wish it was steam and not battlenet.

2 Likes

I tried this solution it works for me.

Download speed is just a pain. Please fix this it is quite a while that this problem exists

This problem is really annoying me and my friends for months now and it has NOT been fixed…

Every damn time i try to download an update for COD MW, the download speed drops to a few KB/s. When this happends i pause and resume again, but it doesnt work. After a few HOURS of trying i finally get like 3 MB/s, but if i try downloading a game on Steam i get like 50 MB/s. I’ve seen more people complain about this so WHY hasn’t this been fixed yet? I really hope the next COD games wont be on blizzard again, if this annoying glitch wont get fixed.

(I’m sorry for my language, im not an english person.)

18 Likes

Same bro i have to 50 MB/s. But patch downloading almost 10 ? I really don’t know what is going on with servers…

2 Likes