Blizzards now banning people for posting their twitch links?

Way to go blizzard. 10 Day bans for 1 link. No gold selling no boosting nothing, just posting their twitch channel in a BG match. Oh and for those blizzard shills out there, don’t forget you can link directly to twitter via the in-game menu as well and still link your streams on twitter.

Yes. Advertising and promoting third party sites is not allowed in WoW. Does not matter if you are selling shirts or trying to get someone to go to a stream website. If you get reported it will be actioned for spamming.

Blizzard really does not like their platform used to push something they have not personally approved of. Streamers they wish to promote have official relationships with Blizzard and Blizzard promotes them via news articles, give aways/promotion events, and sometimes on the launcher,

Its honestly ridiculous. The dictatorship mentality that these suspensions are coming from.

It has me wondering if they are doing it to force individuals into paying for a second wow account, or if they are doing it because they get a laugh out of it.

I mean for god sakes. Why are they not banning the people who are truly being toxic. All channels are constantly spammed with BOOSTS, GDKPs.

I’m under the impression that there is an inner circle of employees who are in cahoots with who not to suspend because of their “inner circle” status amongst Blizzard employees.

1 Like

The CS forum is full of posts by people who are suspended for language, RMT, etc.

Feel free to visit.

This one is a good read

If you have a 10 day Suspension, then the account already had infractions on it. Do not advertise in game. Other customers don’t like that and will report you. Blizzard will act on it when the logs back the reports.

yet they openly advertise it on the batt. net page.

Correct. As I said and you directly quoted.

Streamers they wish to promote have official relationships with Blizzard and Blizzard promotes them via news articles, give aways/promotion events, and sometimes on the launcher,

Blizzard selects the ones they are wiling to use their platform to promote. They do not allow advertising otherwise.

Hello I was just wondering, sometimes when I’m streaming a dungeon run I ask in group chat if they don’t mind me streaming (if they don’t want there in game name on social I won’t stream the run). I also ask politely to not say any hate speech racism, disrespect or to give out personal information etc as I don’t want to promote that behavior.

My question is, if someone in the group ask for my stream so they can watch/follow is that breaking Blizzard ToS. I’m genuinely curious, thank you for any and all replies in advance.

It is going to depend on what you say, and how you do it. If your mention of your stream comes off as promotion and they report you, a GM may consider it advertisement. If someone specifically asks you, you can always whisper them the link to avoid others deciding you are pushing your stream. Just don’t send it unsolicited!

Sorry to res thread, there are 100s of people with ttv in their name. Is this illegal?

Illegal? You won’t go to jail for it :slight_smile:

Can it be reported and can a Moderator force a name change - yes. It is against the game rules to advertise.

Fun fact from the early days of WoW. Using dead gnome bodies to spell your website is also against the advertising rules. Yes, illicit gold selling sites even resorted to that!

Oh my god, I forgot about this!!! The dead body thing. Lol.

1 Like

i mean blizzard even uses twitch lol