Blizzard just pulled games from the Nvidia's GeForce Now platform?!

I bought the game fair and square, why does Blizzard care or control on which machine I play the game (if it happens to be a machine in the cloud with GeforeNOW)? You got the money anyway.

Overreach? Or corporate greed?

Now I want my money back because I don’t have a local machine sufficient to play the game I paid you for.

3 Likes

Blizzard, you are not the same old good company as the good old days… When I find last week that I could play WoW on GeForce Now I was really surprise and happy. Because I don’t have the latest PC but an old one that could not run WoW with all the graphics at level 10. Playing through GeForce Now, give me the opportunity to test it and I decided to come back to WoW, even telling my friends to do so using GeForce Now. But now, you remove it and I could not play anymore.

Shame on you Blizzard.
I know you probably want to come back in a few weeks or months with your how streaming service, but guest what, I will never pay to play WoW again.
GeForce Now give me the opportunity to play all my game I already bought and own from Steam or Battlenet before you removed it. This is why I go to GeForce Now. This is the best service for gamer who do not want to spend a lot of money on PC only to play games.

Probably Activision is still behind this like always.
Continu to be greedy as you are…and I will continu to not buying your game or service.

4 Likes

Adding my two sense to this as i only purchased the game on Monday 10th and two days later i am unable to play it. I raised a ticket and got the same crap reply as everyone else saying i played above the refund threshold. I played a few story missions to test it out and havent even touched multiplayer

This is insane as so many people left with games they cannot play. A big middle finger to those who spent their money

3 Likes

Well this sucks. Absolutely ridiculous and extremely unfair to loyal gamers.

So there’s an EULA that bans cloud-streaming of Blizzard games since 2018? Does that include YouTube, Twitch… Stadia? How come it wasn’t enforced until yesterday? What about people using other services such as Shadow to run virtual cloud computers and game that way?

And hey, I bought most of my Blizzard games before 2018 but looks like Blizzard decided to trample all over our digital ownership rights to play the PC games we paid for on the PC setup of our choice, be it physical or virtual.

I get that exclusivity contracts are a thing, but there’s a difference between a cloud-catalogue service like Stadia or Xcloud where users pay to access games for free with a subscription (like Netflix model) and publishers get a cut, and the Nvidia model where users pay to access hardware to use their previously bought and paid for games (and publishers get their money from the sale).

Messed up move Blizzard, a real messed up move.

4 Likes

Hi Blizzard, I have a pretty toaster laptop that can barely run your games at any decent quality or frame rate. Fortunately for me I came across the streaming service GeForce Now by Nvidia that has allowed me to enjoy your games the way they were meant to be played. Only two days ago Activision-Blizzard has decided to pull its games from the GeForce Now service without any warning or good reason. This is quite upsetting, as I have invested some money via lootboxes and purchasing the legendary edition of Overwatch. But now I cannot play any of your games as my normal laptop just isn’t capable of running the games well, and is especially unfortunate as I was just about to purchase the new COD Modern Warfare from my Battle.net. Even if I did buy it, there is no way my laptop would be able to run it. Is there any chance your games can be reinstated onto GeForce Now? And if so,can we be given the common courtesy of being told when we could expect that? You are turning your backs on many users with either a Mac or a bad PC/laptop who have been able to enjoy your games (for Mac users, enjoying Overwatch for the first time ever) and will now turn to your competition to provide them entertainment. You might want to cut a deal or something with Nvidia, because I believe you are losing out on a lot more than just extra money. And after the way your company has dunked itself in the toilet over the last year, I think you need to reconsider for the sake of your fleeting reputation.

Absolute jokes.

4 Likes

This is a huge issue that we need blizzard to think about, they’ve just lost loads of players for no good reason.
Respect your customers blizzard

3 Likes

This is such a shame. I guess my 20 year customer relationship with Blizzard is at an end. Seems like the path they’ve been walking a lot more these past few years so I suppose something like this was quite inevitable.

2 Likes

This is hilarious. If EULA was the problem Blizzard wouldn’t have listed their games and signed and agreement with Nvidia in the first place.

2 Likes

Hey all,

There’s a light at the end of the tunnel.

https://www.ccn.com/nvidia-blames-misunderstanding-for-activision-geforce-now-screw-up/

No.

"That reconciliation may not happen, though. According to Bloomberg — which reported the “misunderstanding” earlier — Activision Blizzard wanted to negotiate a new commercial agreement before Nvidia could serve up the games, and Nvidia has been pretty clear that its business model is to not have commercial agreements with game publishers. Instead, it wants to let gamers buy their games on existing platforms like Steam, Epic, UPlay and Battle.net and play them on GeForce Now the same way they’d play them on their home PC, giving publishers the same amount of money they’d have normally.

An Activision Blizzard spokesperson tells us there’s no commercial agreement like that in place."

Well done Activision Blizzard, you greedy hacks.

https:// www.theverge .com/2020/2/14/21138479/nvidia-geforce-now-activision-blizzard-misunderstanding

1 Like

It’s rather myopic to unilaterally claim “no”.
“That reconciliation may not happen” is one author’s, one singular person’s, speculation.

“No commercial agreement like that in place” doesn’t mean there will never be. Not to mention that some other business agreement type can be used if needed. Sure, NVIDIA would like to run the service how they like, but when it comes to its success, it might require a shift in their philosophy. To that end, NVIDIA themselves have said that they are interested in working with Activision and Blizzard to get current and future games on the service.

That definitely qualifies as a light at the end of the tunnel, as I mentioned earlier. Especially when contrasted to all the anti Bliz speculation that went around when the news first broke.

The “light” will come when Activision says something instead of the inane radio silence and the blame the user for not reading the EULA garbage. Until then it’s just business as usual for the “new” consumer hostile Activision Blizzard.

They really need to get out from under Google’s thumb and get away from GCN as fast as possible. Their customers perfer Twitch. Their customers like Geforce Now. Activision SHOULD be catering to their customers, not to Google.

1 Like

Really disappointing to see the Blizzard games pulled from Gforce Now. As a Mac user, having the ability to play Overwatch was great! And I was genuinely excited about not having to worry about PC/Mac compatibility in the future (I’m looking at you Diablo 4). Although I realize Gforce Now is against the EULA, I’m having a tough time understanding why that “cloud computing” clause exists in the first place. Surely hope something can be worked out and the games can return.

2 Likes

Interesting decision to take their games out of Geforce now. They literally are losing money for doing this. I no longer am paying 15 a month for WoW + more for microtransactions. Seems like a really bad business decision. They stand to gain nothing from removing the game from Geforce. They shouldnt be getting any extra money from nvidia when already they are benefiting from nvidia as is by merely having their games on their service. The benefit is having access to the playerbase that have bad computers that cant run anything, which should be obvious, its a pretty large playerbase of people. They get free advertisment for their game through Nvidia and money from their players. Nvidia is already doing a free to play model… why in HELL would Blizzard be trying to squeeze more out of them when they are already benefiting enough from the agreement. In any case GOOD WORK blizzard you just lost more playerbase. :slight_smile: I literally cant run ur game and i cant afford to buy a new computer so. Bye! ~ until you actually get ur stuff together and reallow it on geforce.

2 Likes

PLEASE GET A DEAL DONE WITH NVIDA GUYS, it was awesome to have this opportunity, I even bought stuff in game while i was on a travel…soeasy allways access to the game…please get back together with nvida geforce now…

1 Like

Nvidia will never make a deal like this.

Total BS!
Decisions like this only hurt your customers. You know those people that keep you in business? I urge you to reverse your decision and restore games to the Geforce Experience.

-Me

1 Like

This is all a money grab. They want us to buy the games, buy micro transactions etc AND Blizz wants Nvidia to pay them a piece of the pie.

Blizzard how about you make the content and let people buy it and play it? Hell I have Geforce now just so I can play from my phone/tablet and work laptop while traveling. I won’t be playing classic on the road :frowning:

1 Like

Yeah…and only when I think of Blizzard making great games like Diablo and Overwatch for costumers and now they just want money…

1 Like

Forbes has just released a good article on this, Blizzard doesn’t let me post links but just google for:

There’s No Good Reason For Bethesda And Activision To Pull Games From GeForce Now (But There Is A Bad One)

1 Like