Blank Blizzard launcher

There was a post in the overwatch forums regarding the same issue. Their “fix” was to remove this file from your %appdata%\battle.net\ folder.

However this did not work in my case.

i cant even find that “cachedData.db” file

folder location example:

c:\users\ (user)\appdata\local\battle.net\

i currently have it installed to my D drive and ive had a look
this cachedData file i can not find at all, doesnt exist for me

it doesnt matter if it is installed on another drive, this userdata will still be there.

(it is not contained in the bnet installation folder, its purely userdata)

but all i have in there are 2 config files

3c3b8b62.config

Battle.net.config

these are the only files i get

dunno bro. hopefully somebody from bliz comes along with an actual fix

anyone had a fix yet?

Okay, I had someone advise to logout and login to another region (europe or asia if you normally login to americas), then you’ll get the popup about the switch version of the game. Close that, log back out and login again to americas and it should all be peachy. Just worked for me :slight_smile:

6 Likes

catlady thank you so much!!!

I can confirm this also worked for me, although the news feed on all games is still not working. I have also deleted all %appdata%, %temp%, %localappdata% and reinstalled :frowning:

Yeah I’m not going to bother doing that.
I’ll just take it that blizzard don’t want me playing their games until they fix it.

catlady IT WORKED THANK YOU im pretty sure its the stupid “overwatch on switch” add that just fails to load in the US. Logging in in a EU region allowed me to close the add, log back into american servers, and boom i could play

Okay! Now that I’ve got most of you in one thread, here’s what’s going on.

There’s an ad currently for the Nintendo switch port of Overwatch that’s covering up your app. For some reason it’s invisible for you. It looks like most of you are in Australia, and most of you in Australia are on Telstra internet. We think there’s something causing the Americas version of the ad to be blocked by your ISP, which is why swapping regions works.

If you haven’t already fixed your issue, it’d help us to get log goblin files. You can run this tool and then email the results here:

Email: techinfo@blizzard.com
Subject: Attn: Drakuloth - Overwatch Switch Ad Invisible

Please note that this inbox is not monitored and does not receive replies for technical issues. We use it to collect files for troubleshooting.

You should be able to fix this in one of two ways. One, you can log out of the app, then log back into another region (such as Europe), which should allow you to close the ad and fix the problem. The other option is to hover over the top right corner of the blank space on your app. There should be an invisible “X” button there you can click. If that option does not work let us know.

@Drakuloth I switch over to any other region and I can’t find the pop-up / ad for the Nintendo switch port besides the larger ad slot for YouTube videos that has it, but I have no way to close it?

The method works of changing region but I don’t intend to stay on a different region and there is no little “x” boxes for me to click now?

Thanks.

1 Like

@Drakuloth Came in to say Im seeing the exact same issues - no invisible x to click anywhere either. Tried on two ISPs (AussieBB NBN, and Vodafone via a mobile hotspot).

On balance I’ll stick with US for now as I value Bnet friends more than the news that Deathwing is coming to HOTS :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT - is the ad in question originating from a US IP address?

EDIT2 - guess the ad must have expired, as things are working again.

Linx,

Somewhat inexplicably, it seems to be working correctly for our Australian players again. We’re not sure what went wrong or what was fixed, but our best hunch is that it was some kind of issue with your ISPs connecting our United States ad services. (Possibly a DNS or peering issue with a major provider out there, but it might have been on our end as well.) Time will tell if it comes back, but for everybody who sent files in, thanks for the information!

You are in the AppData\Roaming\Battle.net folder not in AppData\Local\Battle.net

Edited by Blizzard - this topic is being locked as this is an old post which was bumped. Please create your own thread or contact support.