Battle.net Will not Install

For the last few days, I have been trying to install battle.net to play my game because the update wouldn’t work. after trying to reinstall battle net I initially ran into the network error problem, luckily that was fixed, unfortunately, I cannot get passed the update phase of the setup, therefore I cannot install battle.net nor play call of duty (the only reason I use battle.net) I really want to fix this. I have already deleted the temp files many times, Disabled firewalls and antiviruses, Reinstalled my Nvidia drivers, Tried different download regions for battle.net, nothing works, none of the topics on this form that relate to this issue have helped. I just want to play the game, please help me fix this issue so I can just play.

1 Like

Same here I get Error BLZBNTBTS0000004A when I run the Battle.net-Setup.exe

3 Likes

i don’t even get an error. i cant get passed the update during install. super frustrating still no answer from blizzard, i can’t submit a ticket for help either so this is my only way of contacting them

1 Like

Hey DoctorLong,

Can you try uninstalling the antivirus software temporarily? You can reinstall it after the Blizzard app is installed. If this doesn’t help, can you try testing a mobile hotspot?

2 Likes

That has not worked Zenlaka. I am currently using windows defender i have already disable the antivirus and i still get stuck. may I send you screenshots of what i’m dealing with?

Even if the antivirus was previously disabled, we often see conflicts with the antivirus software. This typically requires uninstalling the antivirus software and then restarting the PC. If you would like to provide a screenshot, you can upload it through an image hosting site like Imgur and then paste it here (example: imgur (dot) com/12345).

2 Likes

Zenlaka,
I do not understand how battle net would run into issues with an antivirus that is on every windows machine. imgur (dot) com/4TevZco there is the image of where i always get stuck hopefully this helps.

Sorry for the confusion, you don’t need to remove Windows Defender. I was talking about third party antivirus software. Unfortunately the screenshot doesn’t provide any more useful information than what you already described. Have you tried testing another network or free VPN?

2 Likes

I was able to finally install it on my shadow client. but my main gaming pc is what i use daily, and now im even more confused as to why i’m stuck… Could it be my winver is too old? should i update windows?

In that case, it sounds like it’s a problem with the Windows operating system or the network. You can try creating a new Windows admin account to test the install or running a System File Checker to try and repair the OS. If the new user account works, it’s likely a corrupted account due to a problem with the registry or permissions, which is unfortunately out of our scope of support.

2 Likes

These problems only exist with Blizzard games. Everything on GoG and Steam works just fine. Never have any problems with any other platform. It’s easier to just not play Blizzard games. Such a waste of time. They never work.

2 Likes

this did not work. I updated to the new windows and still, nothing is working for blizzard…

its kinda bull cookies that these problems only happen with Bnet, i just got the client downloaded now after probably 6 hours of looking online and trying different things

1 Like

It is, I still have yet to have success, how did you fix yours?

i was trying to get the client DL to play COD with a friend, i clicked download but on my browser i entered Private viewing mode(firefox) it finally worked by DL through there.

the problem for me is when i download the client, it gets stuck at updating.

2 Likes

i had that prob before to, i think i had to go in on a admin account and ether do a full download of the client or give permission to my user, ether way its a whole lot of bull cookies since i have seen posts about this prob from 2015

1 Like

Hmm, I tried the admin method and still no luck. I cant get into a live chat with them either because everytime i try and submit the ticket i get an unknown error. Kinda getting tired of this. Bnet should just work. No other game launcher like it has this issue! just let me update the darn thing

yeah, agree with you 100, hope you can find something that fixes it

i appreciate the positivity MGPlasma! i’ll do my best! Hopefully I can get some more input from blizzard too!