Battle.net Update Agent stuck

I use a mac and I found the product.db file and I opened with TextEdit and I cannot edit the file.

I have a similar problem.
It all started for me when trying to download Diablo IV update this 1.1.3 Build #44582. When trying to download it, I kept getting the error BLZBNTBNA00000006, I read the help article carefully and followed the most common possible solutions to this problem, unfortunately none of them helped, the last one was reinstalling the client and here I get to the heart of the problem, namely after uninstalling the client and clearing the folders from files (except those with games) I proceeded to try to install the client.

trying to install the client ends in 3 ways for me

1. the installer gets stuck on pre-downloading components at 99%
  2. when I try to select the installation location of the launcher and try to click install I get this error BLZBNTAGT000008FC
  3. if the installation succeeds which sometimes happens, its the course is very strange, the installer installs, for example, 20% of the progress, then reverts this progress to 15%, finally the whole process gets stuck at 89-90% of the installation.

The installation process is very slow, about 1 hour, which usually takes 5-10 minutes for me

1 Like

Thank you soooooooooo much!!! Gracias!!!

I have the exact same issue, always one of those 3 problems. Been trying for days and can’t get Battle.net reinstalled

I was able to fix issues with stuck agents, download processes, etc.

Kill any cFosspeed or Gamefirst VI apps from ASUS or any other MB vendor if you have them. It kills the battle.net agent/app.

Network reset, removing temp file, etc., are solving issues only on one restart if you have these apps in OS.

2 Likes

如果你的区域设置中使用的是 “中文 - 中国”, 你需要切换成 English,以免安装器从 CN 服务器下载资源。
切换地区后你还需要手动删除已经下载好的 Agent,位置 %ProgramData%\Battle.net\Agent

2 Likes

Hi, are you fix it now?
I just find the product file, you need to open the hide file in folder option

same problem~ and don’t know how to fix it~ try to restart everything

im having the same problem! :expressionless:
the most frustrating thing is every time after deleting all the files and reinstalling the game i was able to play all works good but after closing the Battle.net app it wont open and i have to repeat all from the beginning…

and sometimes it gave me Agent error , DLL file missing, an ( 0xc0000005) the app is unable to start correctly … :confused:

Got the same problem here. Try to install the Battle.net app and stuck at 45%. I have tried to reset my network already, and run as admin. Nothing works.

Anyone solved this problem?

Apparently everyone has the same problem, most likely Blizzard broke something…

Try using VPN or hotspot. It may work.

hi guys.
I just fixed my problem.
Here is the steps:

1. go to program delete battle.net fold
  2. win+R
  3. search regedit
  4. find HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Blizzard Entertainment\Launcher
  5. change locale. my one was showing “zhCH”, i changed it to “enUS”
  6. reinstall
4 Likes

Stucked @45% here also !

Couldnt find any .cn in the product file, and my regedit launcher is setup to frFR (i’m in france).

WE NEED HELP HERE PLZ BLIZZARD !

1 Like

didnt work for me, even tryed reinstall windows. Pls bring back Bliz north

Changing Language doesnt do anything for me, still stuck at 45%

This worked for me. Thank you very much. If you cant see the file named product just click on View, Show, Hidden items.

Thanks a lot for the solution! Here is what I did for MacOS:

1. Open terminal
  2. Go to the directory where you unzip your setup app and find app file for MacOS, for me it is:
cd ~/Downloads/Battle.net-Setup.app/Contents/MacOS
  1. Run Install App with the command:
./Battle.net-Setup --locale=enUS

I think you can also use enEU if you are in Europe, somehow the default config for Setup app is zhCH, for more info, please check Logs in /Users/Shared/Battle.net/Setup/bna_2/Logs

Enjoy! :grinning:

6 Likes

Thanks man…this work for me…

"hi guys.
I just fixed my problem.
Here is the steps:

1. go to program delete battle.net fold
  2. win+R
  3. search regedit
  4. find HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Blizzard Entertainment\Launcher
  5. change locale. my one was showing “zhCH”, i changed it to “enUS”
  6. reinstall"

Thanks for samsong!!! This works, just follow the instruction. It’s so sad to see such a big company like Blizzard couldn’t do an installer right !!! Maybe that’s y its business is going down! Gosh!

1 Like