Battle.net patch update

I try to connect to battle.net. It says I need a software update and it downloads the update. After quitting the game and running the update nothing happens. When I try to connect to battle.net again the same thing happens.

This is my bnupdate.log file

Blizzard BNUpdate v2.24 compiled on Dec 19 2000
Log created at 10:25 pm on 01/29/2024

Registry error loading key 'Patch\Patches'
The system cannot find the file specified.

WARNING: couldn't delete registry key

WARNING: couldn't delete registry key

RESULT: Patch failed
1 Like

I’m getting the same error. Won’t make it past update.

Seems to be stuck in a loop

Did you run the battlenet launcher as admin?

Yes I did. Still stuck in the loop.

Did you get yours to work?

did you get yours to run and so how

Same problem, Did you get yours to work?

I also have this issue and have been unable to resolve.

I noticed the value of the ‘Patches’ Registry Key under SOFTWARE > Battle.net > D1 > Patch in the Registry Editor does not have a file path prefix defined, but all the other keys do. I tried editing the key to add the full path but it did not resolve.

I can see the patch file DRTL_IX86_108_109.mpq exists in my Diablo directory.

Has anybody made any headway on this issue yet?

Hey all,

Bliz has acknowledged the update loop issue and is working on it.

For anybody just reaching this post, it appears that the Battle.net install of D1 does not include the newer ‘Global’ Battle.net gateway. Instead, it installs with the older 4 regions. To fix the issue, open your Registry Editor and find HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Battle.net\D1\Configuration. Right click on the item labeled ‘Battle.net gateways’ and click modify. Below the very last item, paste the following three lines:

connect-forever.classic.blizzard.com
Global

Open the game and select Multiplayer. Before you try to join Battle.net, click ‘Change Gateway’ and select the new ‘Global’ gateway. Then, you should successfully be able to login to Battle.net.

1 Like

Yes, I can confirm that making that registry change, I’m now on Battle.net. Thanks to everyone. Seems to be working.