Battle.net missing directory and dll

This has happened on two separate systems. One running Win10 and another Win11. I thought it was an issue with my PC but it happened again on my brand new laptop. Is there a reason this is happening? Is it an issue on Blizzard’s end or is it tied to my account? Uninstalling and reinstalling seemed to fix the issue on both systems but it is tedious.

What does it say it is missing? This might help those of us on Linux troubleshoot why Battle.net is dead for us too …

1 Like

if you can give us which files are problematic, that can help :slight_smile:

I just get a popup error opening the app.

Win 11: Required application data could not be found. Please check your application directory and try again.

Win10: Battle.net.exe bad image. ‘…libcef.dll’ is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media.

I’d also like to mention couple weeks ago, Battle.net caused my pc to a BSOD just by opening it.

I had the same problem on Linux. Reinstalling BattleNet in a different prefix, and symlinking the game to the new prefix helped. However, I still have the updating issues on the new prefix, so I’m not sure whether the problem is related.

The prefix giving me the error provides following errors in the log:

002c:err:wineboot:process_run_key Error running cmd L"C:\\windows\\system32\\winemenubuilder.exe -r" (2).
0128:err:module:map_image_into_view Could not map L"\\??\\C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Battle.net\\Battle.net.13747\\libcef.dll" section .reloc, file probably truncated
0128:err:module:import_dll Loading library libcef.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Battle.net\\Battle.net.13747\\battle.net.dll") failed (error c000007b).