Battle.net update agent constant asking for permission

so this is not a fix but a way to stop the pop ups while playing
settings > app > on game launch turn this to exit battle.net completely
this wont stop pop ups while keeping the app in the back round it will stop the pop ups while playing any game on the app. or you can just close the app after launching a game.

there is also a fix that you disable UAC pop ups in windows BUT this “fix” could be very harmful, So don’t do this unless your 100% sure you know what your doing.

Does anyone have a fix for this yet because it constantly pops up. I’m losing my mind over this.

have the exact same issue since upgrading to w11 about a week ago, every 2 hours i get a popup disturbing whatever i’m doing.
Sent a bug report and hoping for the best

1 Like

Bumping this post, same happening to me.
Nonstop UAC requests interrupting gameplay, only started happening on my w11 pc last 2 weeks

Have made a bug report in the battlenet client, recommending everyone to do the same.

1 Like

Same problem. Brand new computer, Win 11. It’s popped up a half dozen times today, while I was playing a game on another client.

No fix yet to my knowledge.

But I’m sure they’re getting hella sick of me ‘bug reporting’ every time it happens through the BNet launcher.
Hell this is the default template I’m using now and just paste the newest log / occurrence number, lol. Think I’m up to #58 or something.

Please see the following in the Desktop App Tech Support forums.
https:// Battle.net update agent constant asking for permission
https:// Battle.net keeps asking for UAC permissions when launched

Prompt # since 6/21/24 @ 14:15

*Edit
Had to space break the URL as it was just embedding the threads, haha.

1 Like

ok i see everyone is looking for a fix, this is a bug there is nothing you can do on about it.
until then just bug report it.

also there is a fix for it while playing,

this wont fix the bug while keeping the app open in the back round.

so you don’t really have anything to do about it until Activision Blizzard are going to fix there app.

Same thing is happening to me. Earlier this week i had to wipe windows 11 as part of a trouble shooting thing from lenovo tech support, diablo 4 is one of like 2 games on my os drive so i had to reinstall it from game pass, roughly a week later (today) i set the game back up and started bangin out some nightmare dungeons, and seriously like once every 45 minutes I’m getting prompted by battle.net update agent to approve it making changes to my system. It totally takes over the screen and minimizes the game while I’m in the middle of a dungeon. I went into the batfle net launcher and turned off all updates while playing a game, turned off automatically installing updates etc. And it still keeps happening, wt actual f are they thinking??? I’m 100% sure this was not happening to me 2 weeks ago. What changed and how do i stop it?

just close the app while not using it , and while playing

cause there is really nothing else you can do about this, its a bug with battle.net and win11

I had the same issue after rolling back from Windows 11 to 10. I fixed it by going to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and adjusting the Advanced options to limit notifications. You can set it to not bother you during games or even pause updates for a bit. It made a huge difference for me!

1 Like

Fresh installed Windows 11, same Problem. Battle Net App keeps poping up, asking for restrictions. @Blizzard, what’s up there. At least an Info could help

same issue
I even reinstalled windows and still constantly popping up.

even had it pop up in middle of boss fights and take me out of game.

For some reason, recent battle.net installations are not registering executable with elevated privileged to execute, so it agent update requires elevated privileges everytime it wants to run.

To workaround it, if you only open bnet to start your game, you can just setup bnet client to close when you open the game.
If you maintain the launcher always open, another alternative is to enable compatibility settings for Battle.net Launcher.exe enabling the opton “Run this program as administrator” in Compatibility tab of the executable.

Note that it’s workarounds, it’s Blizzard fault and they should fit it.

Same issue here, fresh windows 11 install, pops up multiple times a day pulling me out of any game I’m playing.

Has actually caused me to die in some of those said games.

For now I have uninstalled it untill I hear there’s a fix.

Same issue, windows 11 fresh install, continuous popups asking for elevated perms, even while playing other games, and the popup will often minimize the other game to do so. I need a fix, please.

Same issue here, I am from Mexico and this started since a couple of days back.

Looking at the details of the pop up, looks like is a file in C:/ProgramData folder.

is there any fix on this? Just got a new computer and this is driving me crazy. Never had this happen before.

Not a fix… but a workaround that seems to work for most…

In the Battle.Net App Settings, set the App to fully close when you launch a game.

You can also submit a bug report… as suggested here.

It keeps going. No, its NOT installing OR updating any games, but I’m fairly certain the uac notification has crashed at least one game. It has broken me out of fullscreen on other games several times. It’s not a feature, its a bug, and modern “support” systems ensure bugs like this get swept under the rug for months or years anymore.

i had problems with bnet sleeping then when i fixed that it wouldnt update any games.After a week of trying i reinstalled windows and managed to download cata classic but kept getting bent update window popping up every few mins.
Couldnt download any other games as would not get past the first window.
Just tried to log in now after work and back to bnet sleeping…sort that and wont update cata classic so back to not being able to play any game…

1 Like