Battle.net is not responding. Please try connecting

I came back to D2 after a hefty break and I at my wits end with this game. I just want to transfer items that I have MFed to a single character so I can make a mule but exiting and rejoining games kicked me out of the game and I havnt been able to log in for over 12 hours now all my items are gone. This limit on joining games withtin a certain time NEEDS TO BE REMOVED. IT IS HURTING LEGITIMATE PLAYERS. This is just like it was when I played before. Remove these dumb restrictions screwing real players.

" Keep in mind, anyone behind your network (siblings, family, friends, etc) who also play on Battle.net or if your ISP shares your IP address (as in more than one persons are given the same IP address) and gets restricted from Battle.net, the penalties will be applied to everyone using the shared IP address. This is the unfortunate disadvantage of using a shared IP address.

It is possible that the computer may be infected with a virus that has resulted in the restriction. If this is a concern, run a virus scan .

It is important to realize that these restrictions are not exactly a punishment, but rather that they are necessary for server stability. When you spam, it places a much heavier load on the server and ruins the gameplay experience for everybody. For restrictions other than spam, such as using an invalid CD-Key, you are restricted to prevent abuse like stealing someone else’s CD-Key via brute-force."

I cannot believe you guys force this crap upon us. Placing heavy load on the servers? Stop being liars. Fix your god damn game you’re a multi million dollar company GET SOME GOD DAMN MONEY FLOWING BACK INTO DIABLO 2 MAKE IT SUBSCRIPTION BASED I DONT CARE DO SOMETHING

Leviathan

520 posts

MVP - Technical Support

1d

Hey Skaha,

When you say the ticket indicated 24 hours, do you mean that was the estimated wait time for an answer, or that the ticket was answered and the agent said the restriction was 24 hours?

As for the temporary play restriction, the length depends on the cause. If it was from using a business class IP or using a VPN, the restriction is 14 days from the last connection attempt while using those network types.’

The first thing i did was try and use a vpn, because im a normal human being and have a logical brain just like everyone else who tried it. You ARE punishing people who play the game.

2 Likes

It is not done as punishment Sneezy. It is done because of the massive botting and abuse on the old Bnet D2 servers. Sadly, with the limited tech there, that is the current solution.

You can read about the full list of temp restrictions here

Suggestions to put a link to the Support article on the Download page have been passed on already. That would at least warn returning players or new players about the restrictions so they can turn off their VPN, or not log in from a work ISP.

botters dont get realmed down. they have unlimited proxies and keys to never get realmed down. us regular players dont. stop kidding yourself. this is not okay. i tried to use a VPN to retrieve the items that were on the ground, thus resulting in an even further punishment. you have had the money time and manpower to fix these issue for so many years, instead you gave us D3 and now D2 resurrected and D4 instead of just fixing this game that we love.