Battle.Net does not accept Cricket Mobile Phone Numbers?

Here I sit just seeing how this has been a problem for month’s, the first time I get on pc to play games such as warzone just to see how you need a “phone number” to play. this is ridiculous at this point. I love warzone but I am not desperate enough to change my phone plan just to play a game hopefully this gets fixed soon even though it looks like it will probably won’t be ever fixed. I honestly hope a different platform can be able to be used to play warzone without this ridiculous process.

3 Likes

Well, I have had my number since 2004, and had prepaid for years before that with US Cellular and Verizon, since cell phones came out. Motorola bag phones people! Nokia 3 lb plastic phones. Please update your systems and get with the times. If you need help I can recommend some software security people that can bring you into the 20th century at least. Please don’t waste my time, data, and hard drive space.

3 Likes

Here it is almost 2 years later and this is STILL an issue? Glad I didn’t spend any of my money first lol what a joke of a company. I have an xbox but wanted to try PC, thankfully I wanted to try it on warzone first. Welp, thanks for wasting my time Blizzard

2 Likes

I’ll add in my frustrations with this. I used a cricket phone for years and had no issues. I got a new cricket phone and phone number now Blizzard won’t accept my new phone number. My old phone is deactivated but if I try to put in the old Cricket number the Blizzard system accepts that.

This situation from Blizzard not accepting phone numbers from Cricket and other providers is unacceptable. I have a revolving monthly account with Cricket which auto debits each month. That should be just as good as any contract phone provider.

2 Likes

Dropping Cricket for Mint Mobile… I’m sure that also won’t work but we’ll find out once i get my new Sim card in the mail!

2 Likes

Same here, if Blizzard has enough time to sit on their asses and pick their noses, They should probably have fixed this trash policy already, but they still haven’t. Useless bums

3 Likes

Blizzard just make an exception for cricket numbers so that way we can play warzone lmao

2 Likes

Looks like I’m in the same boat as you guys. Wanted to get warzone to play with my friends until vangaurd comes out but I guess blizzard doesn’t care that it’s cack blocking all of us cricket users. I also love how their solution is “just get the paid version” instead of actually fixing their problem. They can’t seem to do anything right these days.

3 Likes

Ya Having the same issue here. A very irritating policy that just needs to go.

2 Likes

Same boat here. Just downloaded Warzone to my PC for the first time and have had a battlenet account for many years. Also played Warzone on my Xbox one. It’s asking for my phone number and won’t take my Cricket number. So, yeah. Just uninstalled. I’ve been enjoying Battlefield more anyway. Cod is obviously off in its own imaginary world now, and they must not want people in it. Cricket is doing nothing but growing, Battlenet can’t keep ignoring all its users who have no issue with any other service taking their phone numbers.

3 Likes

easy fix… you get a gmail account… use their google voice and get a number … link it to cricket or a friends non cricket number… call blizzard… get through your issue and say thanks and hang up… dont say a word about cricket and ya fine… your welcome friends

2 Likes

A petition to fix this issue: https :// chng . it / z5MDGB6R
You know what to do boys, just remove the spaces.

Hi! I’m literally running into this as well… I stayed up all night trying to figure this out, and alas I came to the same conclusion as you, it believes that my Cricket phone # is prepaid….

Where you able to figure this out? Please let me know! I’m desperate….

2 Likes

I’ve had the same problem, I too have a family plan with cricket and unable to register with CoD:Warzone on the Blizzard website.

It’s because they don’t work. They aren’t dev’s or dba’s they’re C.S.

Sure it wasn’t Amos or Tiffa? Roflmfao

Hey, I’ve had the same issue since this article started over a year ago… and it seems blizzard will never clear this issue up. I also have cricket plan to not switch so I kinda gave up on ever using battle net. good luck to you though!

5 Likes