Battle.Net does not accept Cricket Mobile Phone Numbers?

Just chiming in that this is garbage.
My phone number is good enough for my banks, brokerage accounts, credit accounts, but not Blizzard? Right.

6 Likes

Yep same problem here. Honestly if hackers want to go buy a new burner phone just so they can get back to pretending to be a good player on a free game, let em.

There are much better ways at preventing hacking anyway.

2 Likes

Chiming in, also cricket, also not allowed to play a videogame… What is this nonsense!?

2 Likes

Kinda of funny I don’t see anyone from blizzard addressing this. It’s basically disparaging treatment. I also cannot play a game because of my phone provider and the fact that this is a months long thread in their forums and no one has even bothered to address it is WILD to me. Why is Blizzard silent about this?

2 Likes

Add GCI (the main mobile carrier in Alaska) to the list. Where I am located in rural Alaska, they are the only carrier. All of their numbers are “invalid” - the GM told me it’s maybe because their phone system runs VOIP in the backend. I mean isn’t that what VoLTE is at its essence?

At any rate, there are no other carriers here. And all my “trusted friends and family” they suggested to use one of their numbers use the same carrier. So my only option to play Warzone is to contact someone in the lower 48 who has a post paid account and give them access to my battle.net account.

Cool.

3 Likes

Well I opened a ticket for the same issue exactly nice to know I wasn’t the only one. What really sucks is that of I want to switch over to MetroPCS (One of the only other post paid service that are cost effective) and change my number I would have to change my number from many things I use and people I get in contact with…all just to play Warzone.

Me too, got a PC a couple of months ago and wanted to play warzone, took the game 5 hours to install, and I get told that my number is invalid, I hope that they try and fix this cause I don’t have the money to pay $100+ a month just for a game, I get why they have it like this but there’s other ways to keep people from cheating like better anti-cheat that goes deep into the game files to detect one little thing, yes I know it’s easier said than done, yes I know it would be expensive but, come on, their a multi-million dollar company, they could hire people who are skilled enough to do it, hell, if I knew a way to do it, I’d do it for free just so that people could play a game that they want to.

1 Like

This issue is straight up ridiculous! I use Cricket and I have SMS auth enabled with many services and had 0 ZERO issues so far until this Blizzard crap. This is not a Cricket issue, it’s Blizzard’s. No game requires this much hassle just to play it’s crazy! Also, Blizzard’s phone authenticator app is also down what’s up with that as well.

3 Likes

Same thing for me. Have had the same number for years just going through Cricket. Guess i’ll keep opening tickets until they can help.

1 Like

Same exact thing here. Stupid. Why don’t they just state that you can’t use cricket.

1 Like

I love how the Phone that I used to authenticate the Playstation account (which I also use to log into my Activision account) that I originally played Modern Warfare and warzone on isn’t good enough for Blizzards lack luster 2af. Thanks for shunning us who use Cricket.

4 Likes

few months ago when i had this issue. i have googled for a site that works with blizzard, found one and it worked. now i cannot find it again.

2 Likes

Well seeing as it seems no one at Blizzard is going to do anything about this… which is a bad business move, no doubt, does anyone have any recommendation for a game similar to COD warzone that DOESN’T require a Blizzard phone verification?

5 Likes

Exactly, Of course, Blizzard has always actually been a sham

4 Likes

I’ve been trying for 1 day now and saw this thread and it got me thinking, I’ve used burner phone numbers on apps which then proceed to tell me “phone number is invalid” but the second I use my real phone number which is from cricket wireless it works. I truly believe this has nothing to do with cricket it is simply just blizzard having a trash 2fa.note those apps also don’t allow prepaid phones, I also don’t remember what apps they were, as it has been random encounters over years

2 Likes

I have never had this problem before and I’m going on 10 years with cricket. Now all of a sudden I can’t use it to verify with several companies. Complete and utter BS!

2 Likes

I have spent thousands of dollars on this account and was called a karen for my account being glitched by your unprofessional support agent. We have 2 accounts, 2 sims of the same type from the same provider. one sim worked, one didn’t. I asked to escalate and your agent told me to pay for a phone and closed the chat. I want to file a formal complaint. Where do I go?

2 Likes

This sucks for real. I can’t believe Blizzard hasn’t done anything about this. So I basically can’t anything unless I change my service provider. Can Blizzard please do something about this?

3 Likes

Same here. Can not play Blizzard games using my Cricket mobile. They are losing revenue from this decision.

3 Likes

I’ve cancelled my subscription. That’s ridiculous to ban Cricket mobile and just use phone number for SMS protect. Poor technology.

2 Likes