API returning 500s for both game data and profile apis

Hey folks,

All of my API queries are returning 500 errors this morning.

I tried to use two different clients and both return 500s.

It’s happening for both profile and game data APIs.

Here is an example: https://us.api.blizzard.com/data/wow/achievement-category/index?namespace=static-us&locale=en_US&access_token=...

500 Internal Server Error

Response Headers:

content-length: 21
content-type: text/plain;charset=utf-8

Error Body:
"Internal Server Error"

I noticed the same (but for the EU realms) and just reported it in the API bug report forum as WoW APIs down in EU? .
Reporting it here in the API discussion forum as well is probably a good thing, since this gets more traffic

This is being looked into. Thanks for the report.

3 Likes

It seems it is mostly working again now, thanks!

However, I notice the “new” character-professions API is giving a 403/Forbidden error now, e.g. for /profile/wow/character/hellfire/yocogratha/professions?locale=en_GB (on EU). I only noticed today that these new APIs were added, so I don’t know if they worked before. For reference, a related API like /profile/wow/character/hellfire/yocogratha/equipment?locale=en_GB works fine. Both APIs use the profile-eu namespace.

It appears that the character-professions API required a login-logout cycle of the character to start working. I thought I did that already but I may have misremembered, or the earlier logout wasn’t “picked up” because it was during the period the API had the internal server issue.