Alternatives to the authenticator app?

I don’t install apps. They slow down the phone, act as a marketing notification channel, increase attack surface, and harvest data on me even when working as intended.

What alternatives exist to this “app” you’re trying to impose on us?

I had hoped to get back into Overwatch next year, but if this is going to be required then I simply can’t.

EDIT: I posted this in the wrong sub-forum by mistake. I didn’t see that the “Authenticator App” is a separate category.

For reference, it looks like there’s a great existing post about this over in thread #48502 of the Authenticator Mobile Feedback Discussion forum:

EDIT 2: In case it wasn’t obvious—

Hi:

You can move your post to another category if you want to.

I’m not sure you need to, to be honest… with the Authenticator being merged with the Battle.Net mobile App… but it is possible.

If you want to move the topic, this is what you need to do:

• Scroll up to the very top of this topic; at the right of the title, you will see a pencil tool… click it as if you wanted to edit the title.

• The space where the title was now contains the title, the category and optional tags; change the category to the name of the category where you would like to move your topic to.

• Click on the :ballot_box_with_check: button to approve the change and move the entire topic to the new location.

This will move the entire topic – your post and all the replies – to the new category.

Cheers !