Adding phone number different country

Hi there Blizzard employees.

After a few messages with the customer support here I’ve come to the conclusion that the system used to connect a mobile phone number is very skewed for customers that don’t have a mobile phone number of the country they live in.

In my case I live in Germany about 2 minutes away from the Dutch border. I never do anything in Germany and go to college in the Netherlands, have a Dutch bank account and even have a Dutch ID / Passport.

However due to me filling in a German address I’m not able to put a Dutch mobile phone number, which is the only thing I have.

This results in me not being able to play CoD Warzone due to me having to put a German mobile phone number on my account.

I would suggest these 2 things:

1. Make anyone able to fill in a mobile phone number from any country.

OR

1. Make it so that Customer Support can fill in a different phone number if there is enough proof someone only has a phone number from a certain country.

I’m deeply annoyed at how a billion dollar company is not able to help out their customers who just want to play a game on their platform.

Kind regards,

BaardbeiKing

25 Likes

Hi… I have here same problem. Due my work, im traveling a lot, mostly Norway, Sweden. I’ve made a registration due accomodation in Norway. And now have meet the same problem… Can’t add phone number, and can’t start playing, because i have different phone number. I’m from Estonia. Have tryed many times to get answer from Support team for solving the problem, but not. Hope they do something whit that.

1 Like

It’s honestly just really frustrating that I can’t play some games because this platform doesn’t allow a phone number from a different country to be filled in.

2 Likes

was this solved? same problem here…

Same problem here…

Same problem with living in Liechtenstein and having a Swiss number like many people do.

just had this issue and I’m discussing with support, commenting here to keep this alive

Keeping this alive cause the same thing is happening to me now, I just want to play warzone with my friends damn it!

same problem here …

Just encountered this issue today. The only solution is apparently to change my country by adding my government ID. This is absolutely insane. I’m not doing that.

Please just allow phones from a different region.

5 Likes

Same problem here. I live in Belgium just over the Dutch border. I am 100% Dutch which means I also have a bsn number to prove that. I have always had a Dutch phone number since its about 50% cheaper for the same data package in Belgium. But since my adress is located in Belgium I am unable to add my phone number to the account. Customer support also denied my request to change the country registered on my account because I do not have the propper documentation. This system is out of control!!!

2 Likes

I live in Japan but made my account in US. this is just stupid that it shows you it auto fills your country code but doesnt let you use it.

2 Likes

Same case as mine ,and I’m submitted ticket 4 day ago it show resolve today but my account still not change, I think they just lazy at this point.

The system is ridiculous, especially in Europe where so many people have a phone different from their country of residence. Just let us change the country code.

2 Likes

I’m facing this as well. Can’t play OW2 nor COD MW2 due to me not being able to add my Dutch phone number to my Belgian account.

Same here, why are we facing such discrimination?

Same exact issue and waiting on customer service to figure it out. It is just funny that not a single person of customer support has seen this and tried to help. I guess the people who travel a lot are not worthy of playing games…

Same issue here in Germany with the COD MW2 and an existing account verification mess:

1. the requirement to only allow a phone number from a specific account country is newer seen before in any other product
  2. they gladly sell you MW2 without stating that this will be a problem and will make the product unusable until phone verification is done
  3. it took them more than 24h to change my country and resolve the ticket
  4. but then I was unable to verify my phone number for more than an hour because SMS with the code was simply not coming (after multiple retries)
  5. all from the 70€ product with the broken and unnecessarily complicated verification process and slow customer support

The worst paid software product onboarding experience for me this year.

1 Like

Hello everyone,

first i would like to say that i am an average player, compared to others, i don’t play much, but i like to play from time to time to relax.

On the one hand, a big plus for Blizzard for taking steps to remove cheaters because they are really destroying all the fun. I believe that zero tolerance for cheaters is a very good direction BUT

I have a similar problem. I have a prepaid phone and I don’t want to change it. In my opinion users who sent their ID cards while using the support should be allowed to register a prepaid number.

I mean come on, I’m 33 years old now. I’m really not interested in cheating or doing anything other bad things. I don’t belive a person / kiddy who want to cheat would send you their ID Card.

Just want to play a little bit some times after work to relax.
Fighting with account security issueses despite i was’nt hacked and never have cheated is not relaxing.

Just as i said, no tollerance for cheaters is good but try to make ways for upright persons who sent their ID Cards to get rid of this security issues.

Greetings

1 Like

Same here -.- if blizzard is going the customer right’s way now after all that they messed up they should also fix this issue as many people are facing and having issue with