A required DLL could not be found

My Battle.NET app was working fine last night. After it updated itself today, I’m getting this error:

“Cannot launch the Blizzard App. A required DLL could not be found. Please download and reinstall the Blizzard app.”

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the program, but to no avail. I tried looking for solutions online (eg: “Look for any Battle.net.##### folders here. The ##### is probably going to be 13360 in this case. Just delete those folders and then restart the Battle.net application. A reinstall should not be needed.”) and they didn’t work.

Any known solutions for this problem. Also, I’m on Windows 7 if anyone is curious.

27 Likes

Same, my friend just got that issue and he is with Windows 7 as well, the online fixes didnt work and also installing C+++ redist and .net framework didnt work as well.

8 Likes

Same here with Windows 7

10 Likes

Same thing here. Windows 7 as well and I am very skeptical

7 Likes

I have a same problem. I played Diablo3 before season 26 opened. I was waiting for new season opening, As soon as new season opened, I tried to run Battlenet app, but I couldn’t
I also removed and installed the app program, it is not working.

9 Likes

Same here, this sucks, the battlenet app was working before the update, im in windows 7 too

7 Likes

Same issue after I click update battle net on my windows 7 PC

5 Likes

Yeah, I’m starting to suspect they did away with Win 7 compatibility.

5 Likes

Same here, and also Windows 7…

5 Likes

win 7 , same issue here D: !

5 Likes

Same problem here too… and also win7 user

5 Likes

I would like to flag this topic as Blizzard trolling the community as they have not responded or gave any feedback yet.

2 Likes

Windows 10 home. Game hung then same error. RE-installed, no change. Restored computer to prior date, no change. uninstall, C-cleaner, registry repair, system file checker with repair, no change. Was playing in S26 got to level 69
Event viewed shows Failed to add certificate to Third-Party Root Certification Authorities store with error: Access is denied. from Cap12 error 4110. Installed certificate from battle net properties tab…no change. Removed cert check in internet properties. No change. Really frustrating start to the new season.

6 Likes

I have the same problem
Play last night in S26 and this morning the Battle.net app said one dll missing
Win10 user

5 Likes

Aaand same here. Win 7 user.

3 Likes

same here… windows 7 also…

2 Likes

Same issue, win7 also.

3 Likes

Same Issue.
Try reinstall countless times, still nothing changes.

3 Likes

Same here, windows 11.

4 Likes

Same here, windows 7 user
Any body find a solution for this problem?

3 Likes