365 Day cooldown to connect my PSN account?

So what I want to know is, I have my overwatch 1 skins on a old PSN, can I link my old PSN to battle.net and still use that account on my new psn so I can have my old skins on my newer PSN?

same here, have no idea why its like this

exactly is is so sutpid they automatically linked the wrong account and i have opened a ticket and its been 4 days and they still havent replied it is very annyoing using a new account as i want all my old stuff back

1 Like

Same problem with nintendo

2 Likes

Just got an answer from my ticket and all it said was that i’ll have to wait until the cooldown wears off.

1 Like

i got the same answer its so stupid

2 Likes

They give u the link to link the right account and when u try on console its different so dumb same thing happened to me

Hey all,

The 365 day cooldown for changing links is a real thing. See under the “How does account merge work?” section:

I don’t know if exceptions exist if an automated system makes the mistake (not a user’s fault).

Just fyi, ticket times are running much longer than usual. Last estimate I heard was 10 to 12 days.

1 Like

so even if its not our fault we still have to wait a whole year?
Also the said 365 days doesn’t seem to be going down it just stays as 365 day cooldown so now its just even longer. Dont you think 365 days is way too extreme just for linking the wrong account?

1 Like

That’s what I’m not sure of. Only Support would be able to answer that.

It’s tough to say without knowing the underlying reasons behind it.

1 Like

Should be a week at most. a joke

3 Likes

Fix it , i can’t get my stuff back because of it !

2 Likes

Do u know if theres a way to help the people? Theres way to many people that this has happened to especially because the game just launched? Cant blizzard reverse the cooldowns for the first week to stop stuff like this?

There is a post a little ways up where Support told the poster that nothing can be done, they just have to wait the cooldown out.

So it sounds like there’s no way around it.

the cooldown hasn’t even started every time you go back It says 365 days which is still way way way too long like a guy said above a week should be the maximum and there are plenty of people having this issue not like its 3 people struggling.

1 Like

Is it supposed to count down? Or is it just a notification of the duration?

As for the length, I cant say one way or the other why it’s as long as it is. My only guess is there is a potential for some abuse/exploitation and the length is a result of that.

2 Likes

Surely there has to be someone at Blizzard that can unlink accounts and bypass the cooldowns. I had a similar issue with EA and they were able to bypass the cooldown not a problem

2 Likes

had the same problem… blizz pls help

I made a ticket and they could not bypass it :’(

1 Like

I had to use another email I had to connect my PSN account. Don’t know how it’ll affect the skins transfer though.