365 Day cooldown to connect my PSN account?

I don’t know how it happened but I accidentally connected my wife’s PlayStation Network account to my Blizzard account. Now that I’ve unlinked it I can’t link my main PSN account FOR A YEAR.

This means no Blizzard games for me on my PlayStation for a year. No Overwatch or Overwatch 2, presumably Diablo IV too. I opened a customer service ticket and they told me it was hardcoded and the cooldown could not be removed.

I’m currently in the process of trying to refund my purchase of the Overwatch 2 Watchpoint Pack through the PlayStation Store but I doubt I’m going to have any luck. So I’m locked out my games for a year and down £25. To say I’m a bit miffed is an understatement.

I understand the need for a cooldown period for security reasons but a WHOLE YEAR and no way to remove the cooldown is ridiculous.

UPDATE: I’ve just checked, and this has also locked me out from playing Diablo II Resurrected which was working fine previously.

So this is locking me out of all Blizzard games on my PlayStation. Not cool.

90 Likes

I have the same problem… pls help

3 Likes

Has there been a fix for this yet?

4 Likes

Same issue. Apparently I have a really old psn connected to bnet. But to fix it 365 day cooldown? Who comes up with this? lol. No interest in creating a new bnet as I have credits on here I thought I might finally be able to use with overwatch ¯_(ツ)_/¯

UPDATE

Despite the 365 day lockout message, was actually able to just disconnect the old one and connect the new one without issue. No idea why but got lucky I guess.

6 Likes

I’m in the same boat, linked my account to the wrong PSN… now I can’t get any of my previous overwatch 1 skins … and have to wait a year !!!

9 Likes

Same with me but it is for nintendo

8 Likes

We need help please help us and grant our accounts back

2 Likes

I’m in the same boat I waited all day at work and I’ve tried everything but I can’t connect my account and this year wait is insane

3 Likes

Same man bought the watch point pack and everything it’s really annoyed me. I didn’t even disconnect mine it done it randomly and said I have to wait a year.

2 Likes

I have a similar issue, I have made a new PlayStation account, never had overwatch on this account, tried to link my console to my pc account and I have hit this issue I am locked out for a year!
Please can you guys amend this!

2 Likes

I have the same issue but in Nintendo please help is there any way to reduce the 365-day cooldown?

1 Like

You can seemingly still link a new account. I unlinked the old one, waited 30 mins and then was able to access fully linked the new one

1 Like

Im having this same issue with the switch and cannot relink the proper nintendo account…i cant play at all because of this. Its been at least 12 hours and still aays i habe the 365 cooldown.

3 Likes

Nice glad you got yours working! I don’t even have an existing linked PlayStation on my account! I can’t find away around this no way to add an account, I hope everyone else can get theirs working like how you did.

1 Like

Logged on today and it’s given me my level 7 PS account and my 2000+ level account is gone, surely there’s a way to get it back? I’ve never unlinked my Xbox account

2 Likes

Yup, I’m going through the same thing too. I created my sub account 4 years ago as a way to start comp out fresh. I made some friends and built a 6 stack. Mind you, I was primarily on this account for about a year until I migrated everyone back to my main account.

For 3 years, I was bouncing back and forth between Battle.net accounts without any issue— no cooldowns or whatever. About 3 weeks ago, I logged into my sub account to see if I had any old friends that were on (some “retired”) and I was looking to see if they were coming back for OW2. BAM Battle.net blocked me from connecting back to my primary.

I got a 6 month ban. No warning whatsoever. If you’re gonna enforce these bans, you need to make sure there are clear disclaimers. I spent money on the battle pass for OW2 that’s pretty much worthless now. Customer service is a joke as well. How is it that for 4 years, I utilized 2 Battle.net accounts and suspiciously before the launch of OW2 you suddenly start banning people?

At least now I know I’m not the only one here

6 Likes

Same here going through the same cooldown because somehow it linked a different account on accident please fix this this just makes it unplayable for some people! Also my watchpoint pack didn’t even give me my rewards in the new game kinda 40$ down the drain![quote=“AladdinSane7-1758, post:17, topic:33844, full:true”]
Yup, I’m going through the same thing too. I created my sub account 4 years ago as a way to start comp out fresh. I made some friends and built a 6 stack. Mind you, I was primarily on this account for about a year until I migrated everyone back to my main account.

For 3 years, I was bouncing back and forth between Battle.net accounts without any issue— no cooldowns or whatever. About 3 weeks ago, I logged into my sub account to see if I had any old friends that were on (some “retired”) and I was looking to see if they were coming back for OW2. BAM Battle.net blocked me from connecting back to my primary.

I got a 6 month ban. No warning whatsoever. If you’re gonna enforce these bans, you need to make sure there are clear disclaimers. I spent money on the battle pass for OW2 that’s pretty much worthless now. Customer service is a joke as well. How is it that for 4 years, I utilized 2 Battle.net accounts and suspiciously before the launch of OW2 you suddenly start banning people?

At least now I know I’m not the only one here
[/quote]

strong text

1 Like

Please just take cooldown down I want to merge my account

10 Likes

I am in the same boat. Accidentally connected a defunct PSN account for all of 3 seconds before I realized I put in the wrong credentials. Now I can’t merge my dozens of skins, emotes, etc. into OW2 for a YEAR?! This is not going to be a very rare problem, Blizzard. Please help us out!

6 Likes

I am having the same issue with my Xbox Live account. I put the wrong one in and now it is a year long wait to connect a new account. Also, there is literally no way to actually communicate with their support system. Can’t place a ticket, can’t call, and can’t reach out any other way. How does this even happen? I just want to use my accounts!

8 Likes