365 Day cooldown to connect my PSN account?

same here its so annoying why wait a whole year surely it cant be that long needed? pls Bliz make it wayyy shorter

2 Likes

I was going to unlink my battlenet account from my PlayStation so my gf could link hers on there and I could play with her on my PC but I saw a message about a 365 day lockout and was confused by that… Seriously if I disconnect a console I can’t reconnect for a year?? Is this trying to crack down on game sharing or something? 365 days is stupid. I’m still not totally sure what would happen if I tried, if I’d even be able to link her battlenet to my PlayStation but now I don’t even want to risk it after reading this thread. Hope they change this stupid idea.

3 Likes

You can unlink yours and link hers just fine. You just wouldn’t be able to reverse it for a year. Definitely think long and hard about it before doing it

1 Like

Exactly the same issue 600+ hours on overwatch 1 and 200+ dollars spent, very upset when there should possibly be a 24hr cooldown

14 Likes

Same as me man, it’s so boring playing on a new account

1 Like

Same issue here. I opened a customer service ticket almost 3 days ago, and still didn’t get a response. They will probably just tell me its hardcoded too.

This will seriously bug me if I cant link and merge with the correct console account.

A whole year is ridiculous. If it were a month, id be annoyed but I would take it. A YEAR? What company wants to lose customers for a whole year lol.

5 Likes

I’ve been trying a few things but nothings seems to work, so i’m hoping they’ll just change or remove the cooldown time.

4 Likes

We need to make this problem more official. I think Bliz just ignore it right now.
P.s have the same problem :frowning:

6 Likes

this is actually so annoying like a whole year for wanting to change connections like cmon

4 Likes

same here for xbox account.
Could not play game and have no ideas what to do

3 Likes

وانا بعد معكم في نفس القارب
لا استطيع ادخل الى اللعبه هذا مزعج حقا كنت
جميع المشتريات اصبحت غير متوفره

2 Likes

I’m having the same Issue but with my Xbox account I made a ticket and it’s been 2 days and haven’t heard anything

5 Likes

Question.
Can I unlink one battle net account from PSN and then connect a different battle net account to that same PSN in the same day.

I don’t need to use my old BN account but I want to know if I can use a new on my PSN if I unlink my old one. Thank you

1 Like

you can unlink it but have to wait 365 days to re link a different account its so stupid

1 Like

Even if I use a different battle net account to link to the same PSN account ?

2 Likes

yup, exactly the same thing for me too, a year seems super excessive, especially since everything was created when i was younger and unorganised

4 Likes

Same here, logged into the wrong PSN account and now it says that I can’t login for a YEAR? And when you go to the support section of battle.net it gives you the same useless info and doesn’t allow you to contact their support directly. A very Flawed system that they need to change.

6 Likes

I have a similar issue. Whilst in queue of a few thousand thought I had to link my xbox account using my laptop. Linked the correct email address but it somehow linked to the incorrect gamertag. This meant when promtped on xbox to log in I received a message saying it was already linked to another xbox account. 365 day wait to link again. Opened a ticket and received same information that wait time can’t be changed.

3 Likes

Glad to see I am not the only one with this issue, heh. However, I have read that some people have only had to wait about an hour for the cooldown period to end? Can someone confirm this before I mistakenly plunge headfirst into a year-long prison?

1 Like

i think they got that by pure fluke wouldn’t get your hopes up sorry bro. whish bliz just made it 24hr or summin make ow2 so much less fun for me as well

4 Likes