Zskera vault puzzles question

should we expect to be able to clear every puzzle we come accross in the vault?

with the randomized rooms, it is unclear if all the puzzles can be solved in my vault each week.

As long as you have the keys for it, yes. Some things in one room depend on something from a different room, but I haven’t seen or heard of one that’s literally impossible.

Like the flamed out room where you can’t click the chests - a different room has the flame protection ward (among other things), and using it lets you circle back to the flame room and get the chests there.

I’ve run into a few that can’t be completed. Not so much puzzles, but you get an item and the corresponding place to use it doesn’t spawn. Like I have the chest key, but no chest to put it in.

1 Like

There are a few different chest keys, which one are you referring to?

Anyone know how to do the dusty projection puzzle? There are 3 working ones and 1 that is unclickable

I have the same vault, stuck there to.

Research Chest Key

I got one, emptied out all the rooms but no more chests.

I have that as well, I haven’t figured out how to fix it.

I can’t recall offhand if any of chars found a use for it, but according to wowhead several people have it, and haven’t found a use for it, so it’s possible that particular thing is bugged.

I know the clicky runes puzzle is bugged right now, because one of the ones goes unclickable when it’s not supposed to.

The vaults are randomized per person so there’s definitely a chance you’ll get a puzzle you can’t solve.

The Research Chest Key is the only one that doesn’t have a guarantee to spawn its chest in the same vault, at least as far as has been seen. Everything else is solvable in the same week. You can hold on to the key in case you get its chest next time.

It stands to reason they would have logic in place to prevent offering unsolvable puzzles. That possibility isn’t fun and they know that.

Yeah I’ve done 12 chars through it now, and I haven’t found one that was actually impossible (except for that bugged one which was hotfixed).

There are definitely items that aren’t necessarily usable within that same vault, but they carry over and don’t disappear from your bags. The research chest key was mentioned, and it looks like that chest spawns in Zskera Vault: Ur (which I presume EU got this week). Unless someone has seen the research chest in Az. The gift tokens I’ve got on characters without the NPC to turn it into, but that’s also not a puzzle.

in the two weeks I have cleared the vault, I have gotten two holowview projectors. I would imagine that next week I will get the third. I am guessing that having all three would have something to do with fixing the last one.

I think there are some puzzles (perhaps like the mossy mammoth?) where progression is weekly even though it isn’t obvious that this is how it works.

No, I have all three holoview projectors and no solution has presented itself. They have a relatively fast duration (5 mins) with a 30 min CD, so there seems to be a time-sensitive element to getting them up and solving something. I have tried a few strategies (activating them in different order, using the holoview projectors in a different room with the same statute, etc.), but nothing yet. And so, yeah, while there are some synergies among the rooms that always appear together, there are at least a couple that haven’t been solvable just yet. But using the repair kit to repair the broken transporter in Waking Shore presents a situation where the “solution” for an object inside the vault isn’t inside the vault.

1 Like

One other thing I’ve tried: The order of Dragonflights on top of Valdrak follow the colors of the banners is Red, Green, Blue, Gold, and Black. Assuming Neltharion cut himself from the team, both the projections of Ysera and Alexstrazsa are reversed as are Nozdormu and the broken projector if it stands for the Blue Dragonflight (since Malygos and Sindragosa are both gone). You can get the images to point in specific directions based on where you are when you turn on their projection. But I don’t see whether there is a way to make them switch places even using the Holoview Projectors. :::shrug:::

There are only 3 projector toys from the Zskera Vaults listed in the toy box right now, so I just assumed there isn’t anything related to the broken projector. It seems like a flavor addition, much like a lot of the other objects in other rooms which have tooltips on mouseover but don’t have interaction.

I would agree with the flavor addition, if it were not for this one little detail that I noticed about the projections. All 3 of the working ones have their respective aspect say their line, but some time after the lines, they point in the direction you activated them from. They repeatedly point every minute or so until the projections disappear. It seems odd that just a RP/flavor addition would include the pointing. If it was insignificant, I would expect them to just pop up and say their lines. Including not only the pointing, but the fact that you can “aim” the direction that they point leads me to believe a hidden mechanic is involved.