Zone Scaling

The idea here is a little complicated, but I thought that it would be cool. Basically, once you have finished the level up campaign, and got to max level for the current expansion, any other expansion’s zones would scale to max level. For example, I wanted to do a bit of tbc this weekend, but I was annoyed at one tapping everything. So, as I have finished the war within level up campaign, and got to max level, I would find it really cool if the zones all scaled to 80 too, not Outland being level 30 at max, or DF being stuck at 70. This would be great for people who, like me, want to enjoy some of the old expansions, with a little more difficulty than one shorting everything but the final boss for DF.

3 Likes

This is just Chromie Time.

What you want is for Chromie Time to extend to level cap, instead of the game kicking you out at 70 or whatever it is.

Which is fair. The entire point of it was so that you could quest in an area and actually finish storylines without massively outleveling it and therefore getting no benefit from it.

But you pretty much universally finish a couple zones and are done leveling anyway. So just let people stay in Chromie Time even at level cap if they want to. Walking through legacy-blasting everything isn’t much of a video game.

3 Likes

I like to have something to do in between LFG wait times, and I liked some of the old expacs better, so I want to just quest around In those from time to time. But yeah, extending level cap on chromic time once you are at max level would achieve the same effect.

2 Likes

I think zone scaling is a very complex manipulation
on a very old platform.
I’m surprised they’ve managed to do as much with
it as they’ve done.
The game must evolve.

I’d be for Chromie time being extended, but I would not want zones to automatically scale to 80.

Doing old content and having it behave like current content would be a huge annoyance for doing things like farming rares, archaeology, just messing around, etc.

2 Likes

Only if it’s optional. I like going to old zones and blowing things up. I don’t want them scaled to me.

6 Likes

I’m all off for this system, but you need to provide more incentive players to use it. For example, when killing creatures, completing quest, you are awarded time warp badges in order to purchase vanity items(pets, mounts, t-mogs, toys) within the expansion. Additionally, you will discover that the Infinite Dragonflight are still trying to cause trouble within certain timelines.

Think of it similar to the panda remix event, but on a more permanent basis.

1 Like

As something you OPT into, sure. Go for it.

This :point_up_2:

Yeah, as an optional feature. I’m not saying I don’t like one tapping kael’thas sunstrider once in a while, but sometimes I would like to do the old content that I never did on my characters. So, an optional feature maxes most sense.