Zone Map AKA Battlefield Map (Shift+M) Not Showing -Solved (sort of)

On only 1 character my zone map aka battlefield map disappeared and wont come back. When I press shift+m it makes the sound effect of the map opening and closing but nothing else happens. Is there a command I can use to reset it? I found “/run BattlefieldMapFrame:SetScale(1.5)” in another thread while searching for answers so I tried using that with different scales hoping that might jostle it into life somehow but to no avail. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

sounds like you remapped a keybind

if are you referring to the world map and you want a macro to toggle it, try this:
/script ToggleFrame (WorldMapFrame)

Try /run BattlefieldMapFrame:Show()

It makes the noise like its working like shift+m does, but its still not working unfortunately. I also tried

/script ToggleFrame (BattlefieldMapFrame)

which also makes the sound like its working, so I’m think my map is somewhere off-screen. Is there a command to recenter it maybe?

I know its not the keybinds because it makes the noise like its working and it works fine on every other character, plus my regular world map is working just fine with the letter M. Thanks for the help so far everybody.

Shot in the dark

/run BattlefieldMapFrame:SetPoint(0,0)

Didn’t work, LUA error:

Message: [string "BattlefieldMapFrame:SetPoint(0,0)"]:1: BattlefieldMapFrame:SetPoint(): Unknown region point
Time: Sat Dec 19 14:31:20 2020
Count: 2
Stack: [string "BattlefieldMapFrame:SetPoint(0,0)"]:1: BattlefieldMapFrame:SetPoint(): Unknown region point
[string "=[C]"]: in function `SetPoint'
[string "BattlefieldMapFrame:SetPoint(0,0)"]:1: in main chunk
[string "=[C]"]: in function `RunScript'
[string "@Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua"]:2182: in function `?'
[string "@Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua"]:5093: in function `ChatEdit_ParseText'
[string "@Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua"]:4757: in function `ChatEdit_SendText'
[string "@Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua"]:4793: in function `ChatEdit_OnEnterPressed'
[string "*:OnEnterPressed"]:1: in function <[string "*:OnEnterPressed"]:1>

Locals: (*temporary) = BattlefieldMapFrame {
 0 = <userdata>
 ShouldPanOnClick = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_MapCanvas\Blizzard_MapCanvas.lua:656
 GetMinZoomViewRect = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_MapCanvas\Blizzard_MapCanvas.lua:676
 PanTo = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_MapCanvas\Blizzard_MapCanvas.lua:623
 AreDetailLayersLoaded = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_MapCanvas\Blizzard_MapCanvas.lua:433
 RemovePin = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_MapCanvas\Blizzard_MapCanvas.lua:207
 OnCanvasScaleChanged = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_MapCanvas\Blizzard_MapCanvas.lua:563
 RemoveGlobalPinMouseActionHandler = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_MapCanvas\Blizzard_MapCanvas.lua:808
 CalculatePinNudging = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_MapCanvas\Blizzard_MapCanvas.lua:326
 OnCanvasSizeChanged = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_MapCanvas\Blizzard_MapCanvas.lua:579
 ApplyPinPosition = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_MapCanvas\Blizzard_MapCanvas.lua:491
 SetAreaTriggerIntersectsCallback = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_MapCanvas\Blizzard_MapCanvas.lua:272
 ShouldZoomInstantly = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_MapCanvas\Blizzard_MapCanvas.lua:664
 expandedMapInsetsByMapID = <table> {
 }
 pinNudgingDirty = false
 SetGlobalPinScale = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_MapCanvas\Blizzard_MapCanvas.lua:866
 RefreshDebugAreaTriggers = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_MapCanvas\Blizzard_MapCanvas.lua:381
 SetShouldNavigateOnClick = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_MapCanvas\Blizzard_MapCanvas.lua:644
 NavigateToParentMap = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_MapCanvas\Blizzard_MapCanvas.lua:754
 SetDebugAreaTriggersEnabled = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_MapCanvas\Blizzard_MapCanvas.lua:405
 UpdateUnitsVisibility = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_BattlefieldMap\Blizzard_BattlefieldMap.lua:263
 UnregisterEvents = <function> defined @Interface\SharedXML\CallbackRegistry.lua:81
 EvaluateLockReasons = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_MapCanvas\Blizzard_MapCanvas.lua:726
 GetGlobalPinScale = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_MapCanvas\Blizzard_MapCanvas.lua:862
 OnLoad = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_BattlefieldMap\Blizzard_BattlefieldMap.lua:141
 RemoveDataProviderEvent = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_MapCanvas\Blizzard_MapCanvas.lua:120
 GetNumActivePinsByTemplate = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_MapCanvas\Blizzard_MapCanvas.lua:223
 SetPinTemplateType = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_MapCanvas\Blizzard_MapCanvas.lua:196
 SetAreaTriggerEnclosedCallback = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_MapCanvas\Blizzard_MapCanvas.lua:267
 globalAlpha = 0.300000
 IsCanvasMouseFocus = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_MapCanvas\Blizzard_MapCanvas.lua:712
 GetCanvasScale = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_MapCanvas\Blizzard_MapCanvas.lua:583
 SetGlobalAlpha = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_Ma

Also tried to on the off chance but didn’t work /script BattlefieldMapFrame:SetPoint(0,0)

Well, I was able to fix this on my own. On a whim I set to UI scale to the lowest setting and found it hiding on the bottom of the screen where it had been covered up before. So had I known the syntax to reset the zone maps position I could have resolved this a lot sooner, but I figure I’ll post this solution for future googlers out there in case it helps. Thanks for the help everybody.

7 Likes

I seemed to have found a fix that works for this. Going into your World of Craft folder, go into >WTF>Account>(account folder)>Server>(character name)>SavedVariables.

I noticed that the Blizzard_BattlefieldMap.lua folder text contents seemed all messed up compared to a character of mine that works. So What I did was copy the contents of Blizzard_BattlefieldMap.lua AND Blizzard_BattlefieldMap.lua.bak from a working character and paste them into my non-working characters SavedVariables folder, and login, wallah, it appeared.

This was for TBC classic by the way.

The bad character code

BattlefieldMapOptions = {
[“locked”] = false,
[“opacity”] = 0.146793857216835,
[“showPlayers”] = true,
[“position”] = {
[“y”] = 0,
[“x”] = 0,
},
}

Vs the good one I replaced the bad one with.

BattlefieldMapOptions = {
[“locked”] = false,
[“opacity”] = 0,
[“showPlayers”] = true,
[“position”] = {
[“y”] = 271.2592468261719,
[“x”] = 1475.978271484375,
},
}

I’m pretty sure it’s not just the text settings but the .lua.bak that probably also has something to do with it.

None of the copy/paste stuff worked in resetting locations, doing show, etc ever worked. Once before I had to just do a delete of my wtf folder to get it working but I wanted to check in detail how it works this time.

6 Likes

It’s been reported as a bug, fwiw

1 Like

Thank you so much, It’s works for me.

1 Like

This worked for me, thank you!

You, sir, are a genius!

For future reference, this resolves the problem without having to edit .wtf files

/run BattlefieldMapOptions = nil; ReloadUI()
6 Likes

this worked, thank you!!

tQ Bro its works delete elv ui saved variable then use this dun command works

Did you just have a stroke?

This worked for me on Mac. I went to Finder and entered the first string as a search term —BattlefieldMapOptions = {
[“locked”] = false,—, and it returned with a bunch of files. I moved them all to my desktop where WoW couldn’t find them, so when WoW booted up, the frame was back to default and usable again. Thanks for the assistance.