Zone Lag is killing this expansion for me

Its becoming beyond a joke now, its been a month since launch and OCE still has a massive zone lag problem, its unplayable at times. lag is the most unfun thing a gamer can experience, its ruining an otherwise excellent expansion.

12 Likes

Well, according to Blizzard nobody is experiencing lag on our servers, but you know, you have to actually play the game to know its happening and nobody at Blizzard plays WoW so they wouldn’t know.

3 Likes

If what you said is true, then it’s hilariously (but not in a good way) ironic.

I agree with the OP. I’d also point out that the vast majority of the lag seems to center on Ardenweald for some strange reason.

I’m 50/50 on that. I remember reading about someone who asked Blizzard support about the lag in our servers and that was apparently the response. I could not tell you if it was 100% true, so take it with a grain of salt, but since blizzard seemingly detests our very existence, I would not put it past them.

1 Like

It’s getting rather annoying. Post after post has been made and Blizzard does nothing. I don’t recall GW2 or FF14 having issues like this upon release of a new expansion, or shortly thereafter.

Detest? Maybe. After all we got Oceanic servers around 10 years after the game was first launched. That itself was a disaster in part because of WoD’s terrible launch.

Because of let downs like this, I’ve been thinking about not playing. Maybe for a while, maybe for good. There is only so much we can do to improve our connection, and there’s only so much we’ll put up with before we say “F it!” and leave the game behind.

2 Likes

That is a vast understatement. Blizzard has all these stupid minigame WQ’s or elite enemies with nuke damage running around and they expect us to somehow work with upwards of 3 seconds of lag. It’s a joke.

1 Like

Looting a single corpse, let alone multiple ones, is taking upwards of 5 seconds or more. Trivial to humans, but painfully long in computing time. I had several Disengages fail to execute in time, causing me to fall to my death. Again, this has mostly happened in Ardenweald.

My sub will be up in about a week, give or take a day. If this crap keeps happening, I won’t resub.

1 Like

Looting corpses in Ardenweald is always a fun affair. It seemingly is always lagging hardcore. The other zones are alright, but Ardenweald is just horrid. Bastion is not far behind it and it is always a joy to get that stupid flappy bird minigame or that definitely not reused pandaria training minigame. Good luck doing those when you have 3 - 5 seconds of lag.

Flappy bird can go to the Maw and stay there forever!

I don’t know what this other minigame is, but it sounds terrible. I’d rather a puzzle like the ones from Nazjatar, because at least they made you think. I could also always go for just killing stuff too, but even some of those take forever too (kill an enemy for 1 or 2% progress on a WQ bar = lame).

I like the lore of this game, but I fear that soon, even that won’t be enough to hold me here.

Also, I count 3 long content droughts: MoP to WoD, WoD to Legion, and BfA to SL. Waiting 12-13 months for anything isn’t fun either, but is ever-so-slightly more bearable than broken laggy servers!

If you played Pandaria, you remember that monk training quest where you had to do a kick or punch in time with the teacher? One of Bastion’s WQ’s is that quest and trying to time slash, bash, and block when you have lag is not fun.

MoP was a while ago for me. I don’t recall the minigame itself, but I do remember that the Alliance had this quest where you had to bomb a Horde ship: that took forever because literally everyone on the server was doing the same thing. And this was before Oceanic servers!

I know of the Bastion minigame you speak. Surprisingly or not, I’ve never had issues in Bastion. I’ve done that minigame a few times now and I get quite a few “Excellent” replies from the Kyrian trainer. For the most part, my animation is in sync with the Kyrian NPCs. But I could definitely see how a laggy response would cripple your progress. Sorry to hear that it’s been happening to you.

Like the “rescue the jellyfish” minigame in Nazjatar, if I encounter the flappy bird WQ in Bastion, I’ll ignore it. Thanks for the heads up.

Lucky you. Bastion has lagged pretty bad for my friend and I on a number of occasions since launch but Ardenweald is the absolute worst. It makes it worse because I’m in Necros and my friend is aligned with Ardenweald and everyday when we come on we do Maldraxxus anima quests and others first and do Ardenweald last and every day since launch without fail, when we get to Ardenweald it is lagging hardcore and the chat is filled with “Is it lagging for anyone else?” non stop.

1 Like

Rightly so. Of the six zones (Oribos and the Maw included), it’s the one affected most by the unacceptable lag. I’ve no clue why though.

As necessary as they are, they could do with giving us a bit than X amount of 35-anima items. It’s AP (BfA’s kind) all over again. I dislike time-gating in the extreme. Ven’ari reputation could do with an increase too.

Nobody does, Blizzard especially or they just don’t care enough because we aren’t the US, Europe, or china.

You may hate timegating but Ion and Blizzard seem to love it for whatever reason. More rep from Ven’ari would be nice as then we might not have to go to the maw as often and suffer through it.

1 Like

This is still an ongoing problem
terrible lag trying to world quest again today
been like this for the entire shadowlands Xpac

1 Like

So I’m not the only one? Thank God! I don’t know how many times I’ve literally rage quit cause of how horrid the lag is, hell I couldn’t even do anything in maldraxus for my covenant. Because of how bad it is I can’t fight back and get murdered every ten minutes it’s utter bull.

I understand completely!
world gameplay is terrible due to this lag problem

1 Like

doing the Ardenweald calling tonight
so much lag again :frowning:

Good to know its only been like this for 6 months or more now. Nothing major.
If that elite world quest, or the weekly world boss are in a zone, its going to be a laggy zone.
I just dont understand why they cant fix this. Its like they just really do not give two (insert your own naughty word here)

OK so I’m not the only one with delays in spells going off, looting taking a sec or two, and delays in mob status updates.

It started becoming real bad when I got to the Fae lands and now it’s even worse in Rev-whatever.