Zekvir - Shadow Priest literally impossible

I can break down my logic for you if you like.

1. Shadow has 3 different ways to remove spittle. Fade, Dispersion, and Mass Dispel. Meaning even if it spell queues weird in P2 you’re still fine.
  2. Shadows’s kick, while bad, lines up perfectly with the heal cast and that’s all it’s needed for.
  3. Fade forces zekvir to attack brann or pets, giving you breathing room every 20 seconds.
  4. Lifegrip let’s you save brann from perma fears in P2 or deliberately kill him with angler’s web at opportune times to reset his health bar.
  5. Voidweaver has extremely potent 30s burst windows for eggs, and can cast void torrent while moving during said burst.
  6. Being ranged means you never lose add uptime due to claw smashes or fears covering the egg spawn.
  7. Focused will is nearly always up giving you a lot of DR for his base melee swings.

I know of 3 other SPs who’ve now done the fight. The only thing I think might be better is SV hunter because they can feign death despawn the spiders and ignore dpsing eggs completely.

Shadow usually sucks at solo content, and it does suck at regular delves, but being a ranged makes killing adds on zekvir significantly easier than melee and shadow has all the tools and more to deal with the rest of the mechanics.

If it works sure, I haven’t had fade work for me once in a single delve up to a point where I just gave because I got tired of dying to it.

Nice that it’s actually good at something for once, not exactly the thing I’d roll SP for though.

Fade works for melee threat tables and melee attacks in delves, it does not work for casted spells. This is a change blizzard made roughly 2-3 days into heroic week.

This means it works for zekvir. The frontals choose a random active target, but his melees and threat focus will go towards brann during that time.

That explains why I was getting trucked in several seconds. Ah well, I gave up on SP for now, might revisit later.