Zekvir Delve Tuning is Now Live - September 26

With hotfixes that have just gone live on all realms, we’ve adjusted the difficulty of the Zekvir Delve.

Delves

• Zekvir’s Lair
    • Zekvir’s damage and health has been reduced for both difficulties.
    • Horrendous Roar is now a 2.5 second cast time for both difficulties (was 2.4 seconds and 2.25 seconds).
    • Web Terror’s hatch time increased.
    • Web Terror’s Web Blast cast time increased.
    • Web Terrors now spawn randomly in the room rather than based off of Zek’vir’s current position.
    • Spittle and Regenerating Carapace’s recast times now change while solo to better match each specialization’s interrupt cooldowns.
    • Fixed an issue where Web Terrors would not despawn when the encounter ended.

We’ll include these changes in our next hotfixes update.

32 Likes

Thanks for the update! Also, Delves… my 2nd favorite content to date.

10 Likes

Nice. I’m glad delves are getting iterated upon so much. They’re an amazing addition to the game. So let’s get them right!

Very excellent.

6 Likes

Hopefully by a lot. Some classes (and especially specs) have too much ramp time before they can actually burst. The previous timer was incredibly short.

4 Likes

Nice, that extra 0.1second cast time will let me suck Dorito powder off of 1 extra finger before having to interrupt. Big changes thanks!

5 Likes

20 seconds and reduced the health pool. Near enough halved the dps requirement.

Kinda disappointed honestly, this feels like overkill.

3 Likes

Is he ever going to show up when I’m soling Tier 9 delves? I nearly have every curio at Rank 4/4 but still haven’t seen a map nor Zekvir’s curio to date…

1 Like

It was necessary. If the idea is to make it doable by any class with Delve-gotten gear, there are some classes and specs which would basically never have been capable of that much burst in that short of a time. Having such a strict DPS requirement also makes it significantly less of a “skill check” and much more of a gear check, which it should never have been.

8 Likes

On a spec by spec basis maybe.

Figures I just killed ?? with all the prior values and timings. :joy:

3 Likes

I just beat Tier 1 yesterday, lol.

That would be a lot more work for the devs, and would create a lot of confusion I think.

You can’t have solo content in this game be a skill check without simultaneously being a dps check. What are you expecting, to just dodge mechanics while not doing sufficient damage and win?

Like mage tower some players are skilled and geared enough to do it now, but you have the whole season to get gear. There definitely needed to be changes for spittle/heal but nerfing egg spawns trivializes this fight.

1 Like

You absolutely can do that, yes.

3 Likes

Why have the boss have a health bar at all? Being able to do damage is part of being able to play your class.

Just did it again for fun, coulda killed that egg 3 times over and had time spare. I stopped swapping to them and just used cleave.

1 Like

Tangentially, are the devs aware there’s a weakaura going around that can detect if zekvir is gonna spawn in it?

People just keep reloading an instance until they get the alert.

It’s how some people are speed farming the maps.

Still getting auto attacked for 2-3 million as a tank, and 1.7 million as a dps. Do you guys even play your own game?

3 Likes

Maybe I actually have a chance now but I’m pretty mediocre at shadow so who knows.

Soooo I got ?? to 65% prenerf so I’m def gonna try this.

It a tiny chance he can appear. The one that spawns there can only be taken to 50% then run and leaves loot behind. You must kill him in his personal delve to get achievement. Also the maps are random from purple chest at the end.