Zek'vir change proves the team isn't listening to the players

I keep seeing people mentioning this, but most of those that appear to be complaining about the change are those who don’t want to actively engage with Delves as content and were using Zekvir as a means to fill out that section of the vault with little effort.

Given that only ~13% of profiles (as per Wowhead) have attained the achievement you get for clearing Zekvir, I certainly don’t think your average player who’s using Delves as their endgame was spamming Zekvir to fill their vault.

Zekvir is meant to be the season endboss for those people, not an easy way for the likes of M+ players to get relevant loot.

To quote another:

Once again, those spamming Zekvir were disproportionately not those that the content is aimed at. Just read through the announce thread for the change and note how many of those complaining state they outright do not like doing Delves.

If you primarily engage in M+ or raiding, then the “trade-off” of not getting stuff like Delver’s Journey from Bountifuls is not really a trade-off. Neither is the gear, as a sizeable portion of those people only get upgrades from the vault (once again, you can read through the announce thread to see that - it’s also more likely that somebody with a higher ilvl is going to be capable of farming Zekvir efficiently).

If something becomes a super efficient way to get gear, then people that the content is not targeted at are going to feel pressured into clearing it just because it’s soo efficient. This is not healthy design, we learned that the hard way through things like Torghast (or “Choreghast”, and you can guess where that name stems from).

It is not casuals. Only ~13% of the playerbase has cleared Zekvir. Do you really think it’s casuals that make up the largest portion of that?

As for altoholics, it really isn’t the average alt player either. I don’t think maxing the Delve vault on all 5 of your alts is a realistic expectation to have, nor is it required. Getting one or two vault slots unlocked is perfectly achievable without spamming Zekvir, clearing 8x T8 Delves on every one of your alts is excessive and all for one or two extra options.

That Paladin you rarely play doesn’t need to have all 3 options unlocked every week, just doing two Delves on them will net them a piece of 616 gear weekly. If you start to play them more, you can focus your time on ensuring their vault is maxed.

Once more, given the low percentage of players that have cleared Zekvir, I really don’t think your average alt-player was clearing Zekvir on all of their alts to fill the vault on each one. I’d argue that most casual players wouldn’t spam Zekvir over and over again (doing him what, ~24 times per week for 3 alts?), even if they could.

6 Likes