Zaralek Caverns Dead

It was so bad and boring it finally got me to quit Dragonflight lmao they have no clue wtf they are doing with that expansion. They have reduced the entire thing to GET INTO M+ OR DIE. What a joke hahaha

8 Likes

Only sold as a downgrade from Aspect Crest or by sacrificing your vault drop for vault coins. So 3 a week at best from vault conversion. Or you have to do M+ 11 or Heroic Abberus

Niffen rep letā€™s goooooooooo!

Yeah, no.

2 Likes

LOL YOUā€™RE ASSUMING THEY HAVE DEVELOPMENT RESOURCES (caps sorry)

They achieved their goal of letting world content contribute to gearing up, but it does seem as though the cost was the zone having ā€˜direction.ā€™

Gee, look at that. Yet another one of these threads. I wonder why? :thinking:

1 Like

It is refreshing to finally see some people wake up and see what Iā€™ve been seeing with all the times Iā€™ve called out Blizzard on some key issues with their design.

But when you have Game Director who has zero idea of open world content past what his metrics showsā€¦ is totally out of his elementā€¦ others just allowed to do anything they wantā€¦ zero oversight, proper testing, forethought, and idea of what they even want to do (WHAT IS THE PRIMARY THING TO DO IN ZARALEK CAVERNS, AND WHY AM I MAINLY JUST GETTING FLIGHTSTONES EVERYWHERE, THAT IS A BORING REWARD)

And the elite area can pound sandā€¦ they tried that in Nazā€™jatar and in SL with the maw in particular, perdition hold or whatever. It failed every time. You know why? Because they overestimate their player base and donā€™t know how to make a challenging area that takes into account a scenario when NO ONE IS AROUND [or there to make a group]!

It all kind of feels like they have zero clue what to doā€¦ are throwing stuff at a wall and seeing what sticksā€¦ while hoping raids/dungeons can tide things overā€¦ I have a feeling, since it feels the hype has died, and interest along with it, if 10.2 doesnā€™t deliver an improved zone, this expansion is gonna be wasted potential.

6 Likes

You are prob a victim of Blizā€™s sharding system and getting sent to a dead shard.

Itā€™s funny, because I thought they kind of nailed the post-expansion areas in Legion. Broken Shores and Argus were both engaging and full of players.

you are right so right itā€™s waste of time really

Really? I dont mind if people like them but I never saw how they ā€œnailed themā€.

For exampleā€¦ Broken shore had a different plan which sounded cool but they had to cut stuff.

These zones just leave a lot to be desired.

my first thought was that itā€™s really cool they can implement a giant region underneath existing areas seamlessly, getting there is pretty cool. I only just resubbed this month, but I went there for a day or so, and realized yeah thereā€™s not much worth doing down there.

Maybe those treasure hunts give something worthwhile? Nothing else really does.

That said, itā€™s probably decent gear progression for non raider/m+ players. Itā€™s a little bit of a shame that itā€™s so quickly rendered useless for the rest of us, but Iā€™m glad the solo players have more content at least.

1 Like

Doesnā€™t help that the goblin spawn every half hour is diverting attention as well.

1 Like

The entire player base was in Argus for the final Legion patch.

Donā€™t forget about forbidden reach what was that aboutā€¦there just giving us busy workā€¦and hoping we donā€™t noticeā€¦the lack of content we have first in the first two weeks.we are gobbling up content so fast so they got to do something

Not only was no one there for the elite quests today, but no groups were to be found either. I donā€™t want to start my own group because I always afk looking at invites, but itā€™s whatever I donā€™t really make or break on 31 flightstones which was the only thing I wanted there.

Oh ya, ENTIRE PLAYER BASE
:rofl:
Dream on there bucko.

Iā€™ve definitely caught ppl waiting for me to complete one of those Zoam Niffen events. Eventually, I said yeah, Imma be idle too.

1 Like

This is my problem with the current development approach.

A small patch features a new zone that consists of a few quests that drop a currency which is pretty well useless by that time, a whole bunch of tougher mobs that drop a few items and a cave with a number of rooms that provide very little useful stuff, most items for a ring that doesnā€™t appear to be all that crash hot.

And then, when the next small patch comes out, we move out of that area and into another small area that follows the same sort of design.

It feels a bit like that image of the donkey pulling the cart, always reaching for that carrot hung in front of it as its reward. Except lately, the carrot just doesnā€™t taste all that great. Itā€™s a tad stale by now.

If they wish to retain any of the interest and any of their subscribers, they need to have a good sit down, a lot of coffee and a whole different mindset on what makes for good game content.

4 Likes

I agree, Blizzard dedicating so many resources to open world content is dumb. Those resources should be dedicated to the real endgame content. The solo players who complain about nothing to do at endgame are still going to complain about nothing to do either way.

Did you just start mmorpgā€™s?