Zaralek Caverns Completely Abandoned

According to Blizz, no this was not the primary function of the zone. But they failed to tell us what is and left us hanging.

1 Like

Ok, so can someone tell me what the intent of this zone is , then??? XD

Nope because not even blizz told us when they said “Oh we’re changing it because we dont want you to do that.” :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

2 Likes

Can I see a link? I believe you, but surely they can’t be that incompetent, right? Like, at some point they must have had a basic description of what Zaralek is and what its gameplay purpose is.

Right?

Someone posted it earlier in the thread let me snag the actual link.

3 Likes

But yeah… not a peep on them about the primary objective of the caverns even after I raised a stink about the fact they did NOT increase the drop rates to compensate for the change. Sure they increased Karokta … but they didn’t change anything else.

Edit: That thread can be found here

5 Likes

i felt no reason to get pat level 1 renown. i ain’t doing chores for the moles.

1 Like

Legion had that in an addon. It was great until blizzard intentionally fixed it and broke the addon from autoqueing into groups.

We have dead zones because blizz has ruined stuff like that in the past honestly.

2 Likes

Yea it shows blizzard doesn’t really care about world content honestly.

1 Like

I’m gonna keep fighting, even after my tenure of yellow-texted posts lapses.

7 Likes

Sounds nice to me. But it’s weird how largely ignored Zaralek Caverns is. I preferred ZM personally, Pocopoc being able to be powered up to eventually solo rares was pretty good.

So far Shadowlands had better world content then in DF, I also dislike the very strong rares that require groups to complete, no one does those.

3 Likes

Who said anything about required items? It’s catch up gear?

The other option is… not having good rewards and having a dead zone like ZC where there’s no catch up gear?

The sad thing is I still very much need the crest fragments from rares and the central event and weekly to be able to upgrade my gear, because I don’t M+ or raid. Even the new Time Rift content upgrades require the flightstones (that I’ve been capped on for a while) and crests.

It was supposed to be the slow, grindy casual path for upgrades to the 424 level, but while I have a billion Whelpling crest fragments, I’m always starving for the Drake crest fragments that don’t come from world quests, only rares and the researchers event that are basically forced group content, that groups aren’t doing.

Really bad design, IMO.

1 Like

have to agree. i don’t mind when they scale up depending on the number of players there. but solo it should be somewhat reasonable.
depending on your class you might be able t solo it but it’ll take like… 10 min at times.

1 Like

Needing to do a group, is also silly since you can just do 6s for fast 12 drake fragments in the time it takes to try and solo a rare for like 10 minutes on a tank. You can get a 6 done real fast probably 12 minutes. Just doesn’t feel good.

1 Like

All those “events” in cavern reward ‘Unearthed Fragrant Coin’s’ you can trade in for crest fragments once a week, enough to get 2 complete crests. (30 fragments) None of these events require a group.

Additionally, If you did LFR, which requires only 389 ilvl to queue, if you at least downed 7 bosses, you will get 3 vault slots on reset, take the 6 coins instead of gear and you can buy 6 Drakes crests as they only cost 1 per coin.

Additionally, blizz added a world quest in cavern that offers 5 fragments as a reward, I think this is 2x a week.

Rare Elites and Fyrakk Assaults can reward between 1 and 10 fragments each, if you use the group tool and look under custom groups there are groups farming the rares still regularly and the Fyrakk. I did this late last night at odd hours even. I just looked again prior to posting and see groups listed.

I can also list my own group, and bark in general chat asking for players, just like the good old days.

Blizzard provides many options and paths, the choice is yours to engage that content or not.

The reality is though, M+ 6 and normal raid pug is far easier and quicker than any of that stuff…

The thing is - I WANT to go there and do the activities, go transmog/pet/mount hunting, and such. I cannot do that when the zones are still balanced as if they’re brimming with a ton of players. Blizzard even did a flat Health increase on all mobs that made this problem even worse.

Also, the annulet ring is still the best ring for old content as with the Wind Stone it easily stacks up to 522 extra speed. Unless that gets nerfed, I’ll always have that equipped or in my inventory.

2 Likes

It’s much easier to get into a 6 then it is to find people for rares.

2 Likes

Zaralek was completely mishandled by the dev team. It had so much potential to be better than it was and I absolutely agree the rare lockout change killed it off.

I love the rate of content were getting in this xpac, but slow down a bit and polish some of this content before moving on to the next thing. New zones like Forbidden Reach and Zaralek Caverns shouldnt die after a month or two.

3 Likes

Interesting and thoughtful comments from everyone. I agree with most points except I don’t think it’s an ugly zone like a lot of people say. It’s a typical underground cave, if you aren’t into that thing then well that stands to reason. But the zone depicts what a cavern would look like, I guess one could say it looks decent “for a cavern”.