Zandalari unlock

the new allied races don’t become available for unlock until patch 8.1.5 goes live sometime here in the near future

My cynical thought is about the time that people who bought game time for the ,“free”, mount expires.

3 Likes

That was my take as well. There was a bit of confusion a few weeks back with people saying the campaign couldn’t be completed until the raid was done.

They posted wowhead articles, but the only place that mentioned a raid requirement was the comment sections.

The way Blizzard is doing this is weird and confusing. This is the start of Season 2, it’s still patch 8.1. Kultirans and Zandalari don’t get released until 8.1.5, which will probably be March or April.

if you can go by what’s been data-mined from the PTR in ref the changes coming for the children’s week event the patch is going live on the April 29th maintenance

sigh

I came for the Kul Tiran Humans, and all I got was this lousy fog.

1 Like

According to Wowhead, you WILL have to raid to unlock Zandalari and Kul’Tirans. I don’t know if it’s true.

Its under War Campaign updates.

Won’t.

Completing this final part of the Tides of Vengeance War Campaign awards Tides of Vengeance / Tides of Vengeance . This achievement is required to unlock the Zandalari Troll and Kul Tiran Allied Races which will be released in the next major patch!

It says we need the achievement, wich we just got today before accepting the quest wich sends us to the raid.

2 Likes

Maybe I’m misunderstanding, but that guide says that “Fly out to meet them” (the last quest of the achievement) comes before the “Battle for Drazar’alor” quest, which sends you to the raid. Which means that you unlock trolls right before the quest that sends you into a raid.

ETA What Lashrael said =P

2 Likes

if you can go by what’s been data-mined from the PTR in ref the changes coming for the children’s week event, the patch, (8.1.5) which contains the newest allied races an their unlock quest-lines, is going live on the April 29th maintenance.

so it’s safe to say players will have done at the least a LFR version of the new raid well before the new allied races even become available.

I’m glad we won’t have to raid to unlock them. I wasn’t sure if it was true. I was just showing what Wowhead wrote.

Indeed! According to WoWHead, You DO have to RAID to unlock the new Allied Races in 8.1.5. The War Campaign requires Alliance to kill Rastakhan to unlock Kul’Tirans and Horde to kill Jaina to unlock Zandalari. You can not unlock the races until 8.1.5 and we don’t know when that will drop. And, you should be able to complete the war campaign on LFR difficulty. Of course, that will timegate the release but it doesn’t matter until 8.1.5 drops. I imagine, because of that, 8.1.5 will not drop until after wing 3 of the LFR opens in 5 weeks - so that Kul’Tirans and Zandalari can be opened at the same time instead of Alliance able to unlock Kul’Tirans before Horde can unlock Zandalari.

1 Like

But…

So now I’m confused.

1 Like

The boat was released on Sept 19 2018, that was the day first available. So March 19,2019 is 6 months

Some time after March 19 they should finally become available unless they go by the date they stopped selling them, then i have no idea when.

1 Like

Well, if wowhead is correct, you do need to do the raid.

With Battle of Dazar’alor being released, the Tides of Vengeance War Campaign continues. You’ll be able to pick up the final section of the War Campaign which is separated into two parts, separated by a Raid Quest to defeat King Rastakhan (6th boss) / Lady Jaina Proudmoore (9th boss).

Completing this final part of the Tides of Vengeance War Campaign awards Tides of Vengeance. This achievement is required to unlock the Zandalari Troll and Kul Tiran Allied Races which will be released in the next major patch!

Yes, but the Achievement ends one quest prior to the one that sends you to the raid.

So do we need the achievement or do we need the raid? Which is it?

2 Likes

The point is we already got this achievement today before getting the raid quest.

1 Like

And people already have the achievement prior to the raid quest. Thus the confusion.

1 Like

Ah, I haven’t logged on yet so wasnt aware of any achievements. In which case yes, that will be confusing. goes to log on and check…

1 Like

Ok! Blizzard gave us a clarification: